News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Spawny Barsteward !! ;-)

Started by KuzzinKenny, September 11, 2010, 11:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

some people have all the luck..........

http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-chat/15 ... tiger.html

nice find, i'm just green  :roll:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

John Stenhouse

Nice bike, after ten years sitting on those T66s I'd be tempted to junk them rather than ride on them, no heated grips I see, needs crash bars if he wants it to stay that clean!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

hooligan971

Hey guys,
  The tires were put on at the dealer last spring when the bike was checked over, and fluids changed before the seller purchased the bike and before he put the last several hundred miles on the bike. They were the last of their stock of that tire. All service and maintenance records are included. The heated grips are ordered and on the way to my local Triumph dealer, and I have a set of Thunderbike crash bars coming my way and trying to figure out if I want Givi luggage(looks better) or something more utilitarian like Happy trail(doesn't look so good)  I'm not planning on the bike staying that clean, I'm going to shake her down for a few months , paint the bodywork some other color, and head to California and eventually Mexico/South America. If I have good luck with the bike, I'll be heading up Alaska in 2012 with friends.
    Patrick
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

Mustang

Quote from: "hooligan971"Hey guys,
  The tires were put on at the dealer last spring when the bike was checked over, .................

check the DOT manufacture date on the tires , I bet it will surprise you how old those T66's are , Michelin hasn't made them for quite awhile .

hooligan971

Hey Mustang,
 I'm not sure when they were manufactured, I know they went out of production but I do know the seller says they were put on for the sale to him and he has the paperwork. He is a stand up guy from my brother in laws neighborhood and I have no reason to doubt what he tells me.Not a big deal either way. He has been riding the bike on weekends no problem and I'll be stopping in Winchester Va to visit friends and if I feel the need, I'll get the dealer there to change them out. I've ordered lots of stuff for the bike already and another few hundred $ won't kill me. My 66 sat in a barn for 8 yrs and the summer I took her out and got her running again I rode 2000 miles on those tires while waiting on the Avon replacements, keeping an eye out for problems before and during each ride of course.
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

John Stenhouse

Patrick, as long as you are aware then no problems, only said cos a guy was killed here last year in an MGB after the tyres he had on which were old de laminated at speed. After that we were all told to look at how old your tyres are!

Alaska is good hunting ground for Tigers, 2008 I did Prudhoe and Inuvik on my 955, awesome trip, well worth it.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

hooligan971

I completely understand. That's why I joined these groups, to get help and advice about the new bike. The basics ,I have a pretty good grasp on from 30+ yrs of riding and wrenching, but I'm sure these newer Tigers have quirks and details that would be good to learn about from you guys with experience with these machines.
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

walker

love the color! Keep that color - it rocks!

Where did you find the thunderbike bars? From thunderbike? or someone else sold you some?

hooligan971

A friend bought them for his bike a few years ago but the man that bought the bike kept trying to get the price down, so when he showed up after Wayne took $1000 off the price, The bars,bags and centerstand had been removed lol He bought the bike anyway and all the parts were sold but the bars. I'm trading a new pair of Oakleys for them  8)
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

walker

not a bad trade then! Keep the color - that color rocks! It's a little different, it won't show up dust and dirt as badly (I prefer lighter colors on my cars too - white when I can find it). It's also a little more visible.

cosmo

DOT CODES: All highway type tires sold in the United States must have a DOT (Dept.
of Transportation) Code molded into their sidewalls. The DOT code is alphanumeric, is
composed of 13 characters and always begins with the letters DOT. The last 3 positions
of this code indicate the week and year of manufacture. For example, a tire with the DOT
Code DOT CH EV HU4 501 was manufactured during the 50th week of 1991.

DOT CODE UPDATE:
Starting with year 2000 production tires, an additional number was added to DOT Codes.
As a result DOT Codes are now 14 characters in length instead of 13.This change has
enabled tire manufacturers to show the decade of manufacture. For example, a tire with
DOT Code DOT V5 2J EFT 4600 was manufactured during the 46th week of the year

Cosmo

P.S. I, too, have had old tyres let go. Don't ride on 'em.
Life is too important to be taken seriously.