News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fuel problem hmmmmm

Started by rybes, September 13, 2010, 11:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

mornin all. ive a prob with me tiger. after a mad friday mornin gettin it ready for its mot n a trip to somerset, i loaded it up and headed off. earlier in the day was runnin great, lovely machine. on the way out tho it started to die n cut out. i wondered if it mightve been a vacuum in the tank so i reraleased the cap to see if it would go away. started off again and a short while later it died agai, so it cant be the cap. im goin to have a lok inside the carbs today to see what i find. anyone know what it could be if it aint crap in the carbs ? all new ignition system so i cant see it bein anythin ot do with the coils. thanks all im off t the garage t see what i can do.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

NeilD

have you had  the fuel tap out?  the filter on mine was quite bunged up, which only became apparent when you switched on to reserve..  :roll:

Mustang

remove the petcock , remove the two nylon filter socks from the main and resevre pipes and throw them away , reinstall petcock .
problem should be solved

rybes

nice one. thanks neild n mustang. now jus gotta find a bucket for 24 liters of fuel n ill empty it n go have a look :D thanks again

rybes

found the problem. id used stainless braided fuel line wich i cut with an angle grinder. i thought i cleared it all out but aparantly not. there was a small plug of rubber bits in the end of the pipe. so after cleanin that out nearly blindin meself and removin the filters from the tap and the lil one in the fuel inlet at the carbs, i fitted a small inline filter. glad i did too even after flushin the pipe throo with petrol there was still lil bits of rubber in the pipe. now im gutted cos the starter solenoids bust :lol: oh well