News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is this up to the job ??

Started by KuzzinKenny, September 19, 2010, 02:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

I've got the shims job on me Tigger comin up soon  :shock:  don't have the tools for the job so i'm lookin and spotted this............

http://www.stockwelltools.co.uk/product.php/sn/AK9638D

what do ya think ? ok or nok !!  :?

then i'll need this....

http://www.carbtune.com/

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

TigerTrax

Hopefully Mustang will see this....
he builds a tool for replacing shims on the Triumph.

Not expensive at all.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

outrunner

Kenny, I don't see any reason to buy a micrometer as the list I got with my valve shim tool from Mustang tells you what sizes the shims need to be when adjusting the clearances. BTW, if you want to borrow the tool give me a shout mate.

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Mustang

the micrometer is not a bad idea as a lot of times you can no longer read the size of the shim etched onto the surface when you pull them out  .

the morgan makes balancing carbs or throttle bodies so easy ............well worth the money

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "outrunner"Kenny, I don't see any reason to buy a micrometer as the list I got with my valve shim tool from Mustang tells you what sizes the shims need to be when adjusting the clearances. BTW, if you want to borrow the tool give me a shout mate.

Andy.

:thumbsup  will give you a shout nearer the time !!

cheerz

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly