News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Death by Scooter

Started by EvilBetty, September 27, 2010, 05:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39377851/ns ... ?GT1=43001

QuoteA British businessman who bought the Segway company less than a year ago died after riding one of the scooters off a cliff and into a river near his Yorkshire estate.

Jim Heselden acquired the Segway company from its U.S. inventor Dean Kamen in December 2009.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

aeronca

i guess we wont be seeing these thing's on the X-GAMES :shock:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

Quote from: "aeronca"i guess we wont be seeing these thing's on the X-GAMES :shock:
It's only a matter of time .........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpKe1ESu1Pk&feature=related

moose

Love the title: "Segway Stunt Demo"

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

RIIIGHT!!!!! :roll:

moose

You know

While working on cruise ships I saw a very similar thing happen, A guy hired a scooter while on vacation, obviously inexperienced.  He gassed it, scooter took off from under him, he's clutching to the handle bars (for some reason) being dragged behind the scooter as they both plunged of the end of the pier into the harbour at Bermuda.

:shock:

Lookily he was not hurt, well.....apart from his pride maybe, and his wallet after telling the company where there scooter is  :lol:

Spud

I know someone that did that whilst handling a torpedo on a rolling deck torp went over board so did he, he forgot to let go stupid bast*** cheers Spud :wink:

moose

Amazing how some people brain says "HOLD ON"

Spud

My understanding of the scooter thingy is that you have to grip the handles and lean forward to make it move, which is what you would do as you go over a cliff  :wink:
cheers Spud :wink:

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "moose"Amazing how some people brain says "HOLD ON"

It is a well-known problem.  When teaching apprentices about machine tool safety we used to make a big deal about overcoming the cling-on reflex.  In the old days it was common for machinists to carry a 1" paintbrush in their pocket for flicking swarf away from the cutter when taking fine finishing cuts (I'm in the days before the widespread use of high-speed carbide tools).  Amazingly now, no-one saw that as a problem.  The issue arose if the brush got caught; instead of letting go, the reflex action was to pull and inevitably get drawn in and injured.  The aim was to raise awareness generally, that they must learn to overcome the reflex and LET GO!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"we used to make a big deal about overcoming the cling-on reflex.

Cling-ons  :shock:  i didn't know you were a TREKKY !! BB !!

all together now !! There's Cl......................  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

enjoy !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JetdocX

From parts unknown.