News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

she bit me!

Started by chrisf, September 26, 2004, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisf

Thrapping around the backlanes of Northumberland today and had a wee accident... lost control leading to a sharp, tight turn on a bit of gravel and tiger got tied in knots and i end up up on the grass verge with bike on my left leg! Bike's got multiple injuries on the alternator cover and side stand, thats all!!

ChrisN

Glad to hear you survived unhurt.

It's kinda frightnening when her full weight unexpectly returns like that!

No matter how much time you spend taming her, always remember she still a wild cat!
Chris

BP_LONDON

Spent the entire sunday riding around Kent, Hastings, Dover yesterday. Bike almost bit back once or twice, but it's all in the process of taming her. I am truly in love with this Tiger - 217 miles of M, A and B road blasting - some dirt tracks and she never misses a single beat.

Quote from: "chrisf"Bike's got multiple injuries on the alternator cover and side stand, thats all!!

Glad to hear that you escaped unhurt.

Some crashbars would be a good idea to protect those engine covers. I tested my Touratech ones in May when I broke my collar bone & 3 ribs...the bike didn't break anything. Just scrapes.

robbo

Glad to hear you are ok.

I had a close one a couple of weeks back when I passed a car only to find the road took a sharp left. I hit the breaks and locked up wheels but when I realised I was not going to make it I let go. The bike sprung back and almost through me off. I had to take a detour up a single track

End result Bike no damage, me sore nuts from landing back on the seat.

It did prove that the tiger could if needed be slid into a corner supermoto style
best Regards

Robbo

chrisf

Ironically i've bought the Touratech crash bars on 2 Sep from Touratech UK but am still waiting on delivery. After a few difficult phone calls over the last 2 weeks to try and find when they'll arrive, i been told this week...

Sounds like a lucky escape for you Robbo, always satisfying when you escape a near death miss and come out laughing (sore nuts apart).

Cheers all