News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will the rear shock of a 2001 955i fit a 2000 885i?

Started by haroldo_psf, September 28, 2010, 11:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldo_psf

I've asked more general questions, but now I found a potential candidate to fit my bike (2000 885i).

Hyperpro offers a good option, but it lists it for the 2001 955i model.

The owner from Sasquash Suspension emailed me. He said the rear shock of the 01 955i will fit the 885i, but I need some more encouragement before I take the gamble and spend the cash, as he owns a 01 955i, not a 885i.

Does anyone know or have on opinion on this?

(don't worry, if it does not fit, I won't hold anyone or this forum accountable.)

Thanks for any help.
2000 Tiger 885i

John Stenhouse

Should do, same frame just different engine
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Mustang

the part numbers are different from bike bandit and triumph ...................
but I would go with what Sasquatch says

haroldo_psf

The swing arms are different, arent they?

There is one for the 955i for sale on fleebay for 50 bucks... I wonder if I should jump on it for extra insurance...Of course, I would then need a wheel to if I needed to use it....
2000 Tiger 885i

John Stenhouse

Swing arms are different, all the chain adjustment is different, brakes too. Just a guees you understand but I would think the shock would fit.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting