News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stator Seal !!!

Started by Ronseal0105, September 29, 2010, 08:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronseal0105

Hi Guys new to the forum and just defected from Triumphrat.net. Had my old 02 for 6 years and 30,000 miles of smiles. Iv had a fairly sudden use of oil and after reading a few threads on here Im at the point of saying its the seal in the engine case on the left side. I ran her today for about 6 miles pulled of the breather and there was oil dripping out of the pipe. Iv took the airbox off and there is oil in the airbox facing the throttle bodies but not a considerable amount. How much oil would there be in there if it was the seal that had failed :?:  I understand that the throttle bodies would drag the oil in and burn it off and there is a lot of black soot on the end of the can. Basically Im asking have i hit the problem or not
GREEN IS MEAN!!!!