News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

temp sensor

Started by deepsouthtiger, October 05, 2010, 01:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepsouthtiger

REplacing temp sensor this weekend.  WHat type of coolant do you all run?

No dealer near here so will need to buy off the shelf from auto zone walmart or other "big box" store.  

Any do's or don'ts?

05 Tiger  stock engine other than Blue FLame exhaust.
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

iansoady

I just use the ordinary blue stuff although I did wonder whether the red (OAT) would have been better as it has an extended life - 5 years as opposed to 2. OAT is recommended for most modern car engines, eg my Discovery, and I would have thought would be compatible with the Triumph engine.

But I've never seen any hard data to this effect.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

haroldo_psf

Out of curiosity, what symptoms would one have to experience to conclude a temp sensor replacement is on order?
2000 Tiger 885i

Mustang

Quote from: "haroldo_psf"Out of curiosity, what symptoms would one have to experience to conclude a temp sensor replacement is on order?
on a steamer there are 2 temp sensors
1 in the head that controls the gauge
and the other is in the radiator and it controls when the fans come on .

haroldo_psf

But this is about Girlies, right? On those, including mine which is a 885i, what symptoms would one have to experience to start thinking about this sensor? Of course, the fans not coming on is one of them I'm sure, but could there be any running issues that would point to that sensor?
2000 Tiger 885i

Mustang

I would imagine that the ecu uses the temp to control the mixture of a cold engine vs warm engine like all FI cars and trucks do

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...