News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Quick Fix: Side stand switch & Neutral switch failure

Started by CoolHandLuke, October 08, 2010, 09:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolHandLuke

I thought I would share this snippet of information as when we had a UK meet recently, one of the lads had a sidestand switch failure and was unable to move.

I am currently rewiring my 93 Tiger and fitting an electronic fuse box from www.motogadget.de.  Having studied the standard wiring loom, I have come across the following work around for anyone with a standard wiring loom who has the sidestand or neutral switch fail.

Under the seat, on the left hand side (as you are sat on the bike) there is a white connector block with a black wire looped between pins 1 and 3.  Some people may have an alarm plugged into this, but I have yet to see one.  If you don't have the alarm, then all is good.  If you run a wire from earth to the this looped wire, this will convince the CDI that the bike is either in neutral and/or the sidestand is up and should get you home.