News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Riding while standing

Started by D-Fuzz, October 11, 2010, 01:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocinante

Quote from: "D-Fuzz"I think I am going to try some ProTaper bars...

Forgot to mention those. I have them and they make a difference yes.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

D-Fuzz

I installed a set of ProTaper ATV Hi bend bars this afternoon and it made a big difference.  They are the same bars that I have on my other bike.  I was amazed how much the stock bars do droop at the ends.  I was luck enought to be able to blow off the stock grip on the LH side, so I didn't have to replace grips either.  I will have to figure out a way to use the nice brushed aluminum end caps as the nut portion seems to be tacked/welded into the stock bars.

Can anyone give me a quick how-to on replacing a bulb in the dash.  The light bulb in my speedo is burnt out.  Before I tear the bike apart, I thought I'd better ask as there is usually an easier way than what I come up with.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Mustang

Quote from: "D-Fuzz"Can anyone give me a quick how-to on replacing a bulb in the dash.  The light bulb in my speedo is burnt out.  Before I tear the bike apart, I thought I'd better ask as there is usually an easier way than what I come up with.
pull off the front fairing and they are right there on the bottom of speedo
I bet it's the little one that lights up the bottom left side of the speedo, they burn out quite frequently .

D-Fuzz

Thanks for the info Mustang.  It took longer to go buy the new bulb than it did to change it.  I also changed the oil this morning, slowly getting the bike ready for hibernation.  I might get 1 more week of riding in, if I am lucky.  I want to flush the brakes & clutch systems out and put some new fluid in there, just not sure if I will do it now or in the spring beofre I start riding.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black