News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Running like crap... again.

Started by Danny955i, October 18, 2010, 06:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Ok, just checking we're talking the same language.

According to my list you're using the right files ie 10120 standard and 10121 aftermarket pipe.  If you're finding 10173 runs better, it's because over nearly all of the range, it has more fuel for any given rev / TP setting.  Problem is, your engine is different inside so it's hard to say what the overall effect is.  I've also checked the timing tables as well and they are exactly the same so no worries there.

Personally I don't think you'll have any problem running 10173 but in the end it's up to you.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Danny955i

Well, I had the local Triumph shop load in the off-road tune back in March of this year. When I got TuneECU up and running the first thing I did was read the map...

The DEALER installed the 10173Map.hex into my bike... so my guess is that it's OK to run it.

My main goal here is to NOT tinker with the Ignition timing AT ALL. Even though I COULD pick up some power, I'm just a little nervous about goofing with advancing anything without having a Dyno to really see WHAT the motor is doing.

I'm thinking of doing the following:

1. Check the valves.
2. Balance the throttlebodies.
3. Put a STOCK filter back in instead of the K&N.

I have a feeling some of the goofy running I'm experiencing is from the motor being out of tune hardware wise. Then I'll ensure I check out everything else... All gaskets and boots connecting airbox to engine etc.