News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wanted - UK - Steamer bits

Started by NeilD, October 12, 2010, 06:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

Just thourght I'd ask on here, before I do anything drastic and send my parts off to the painter!

Righthand Side Fairing Panel in Caspian Blue.  Mines not cracked, just scraped and paint missing so looking for a mint one really (stop laughing!) otherwise I'll get mine repainted

Lefthand Airbox cover - prefer Caspian Blue but any colour would do so long as its not cracked.

Also, at some point I'd like some better wheels, no desperate rush mine are just scruffy rather than rotten.. or if anyone has a rotten pair then I might be interested in the hubs so that I can get a pair built up.

Thanks
Neil

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

close.. :D  but the bits I'm after are outlined in red ...  

P1000837a by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

spoken to 'Nik W' previously and that was all the caspian blue bits he had..

Nick Calne

That's definitely the rhs airbox cover you've drawn and you said left hand side originally!  I'll keep me eyes open for you as I'm looking for a complete set of panels.  :lol:

NeilD

yep left hand airbox cover, and righthand fairing panel is what I need, but I couldnt be arsed to draw on another picture!!  :D   :D

what colour are you after? there was a set of Black on ebay recently...

.. and I think someone is taking the 'P' as theres now 2  caspain blue lefthand fairing panels on ebay!!! Aaaargh!

rf9rider

Theres some panels and a tank on Ebay just been listed, wrong side for Neil though.

Glad i bought my complete spare bodykit when i did.  :P

Nick Calne

The ones on ebay are a bit pricey for my taste.  If you play it cool until the new year there is usually a bit of a peak in supply after Christmas with this sort of thing.  And more supply equals lower prices normally.  I guess people try and get a bit of money in to fund their next season of biking on newer machines or maybe they just need some cash after Christmas.  I tend to buy up some stuff at that time as spares.  That's how I had a spare shock for Slomo a couple of months back.

I do have some spare caspian blue panels if you ever get desperate, but for some reason all the cas. blue ones I have are all a bit rough.  I'll go in the loft and have a look / take pics sometime.

Did anyone ever make aftermarket steamer panels?  GRP replacements or similar?  I wonder what happened to the original molds, presumably Triumph have stopped making them?

NeilD

parts are still available from Triumph - the side fairing is £160+vat already painted and stickered, tank is about £600 and nosecone £200-odd.. the airbox covers are also available, £45 for plain colours and double that for the caspian blue ones!!!!
My panel (and tank) is just scraped and so is a reasonably easy repair, however , the expensive part is that the decal is £50  :shock:  the painter said he could get one done for about £30 however it wouldnt be quite identical, the edges would just fade rather than have the line of dots... yep I'll just keep my eye out, not desperate - Its been like it for the year I've owned it  :)