News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Looking for a CDI 96 Tiger

Started by fepn26, July 15, 2011, 08:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fepn26

Desperately seeking an used CDI for a 96 Tiger (T1290061).  Been through Ebay with no luck. Does anybody have one for sale?

Mustang

try Baxter Cycle in Marne Iowa , they do mail orders and salvage they may have one

http://www.baxtercycle.com/default.asp

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

MIMbox

Are you absolutely  sure you need a new CDI?. Most CDI problems turn out to be  a coil or igniter, or carb issue. I think also there are some output transistors that can be replaced, and I believe that you can use almost any 3 cylinder Triumph CDI from the same era, there are some rev limiter differences, but they can't be that different.
Can they?

fepn26

The bike brokedown next to a dealership during a ride, so I left it with them.  I am very skeptical they said the igniter and the strater switch assembly went out at the same time.  Bottom line what happen the bike would not start.  I would press the switch and the engine would not turn over.

I did see the one on ebay. but its a different model number? it is listed for a tiger.  I talked to the dealer and he said he did not recommend it. (of course) any thoughts if it would work? are the connection points the same?

No luck with Baxter, but thanks for the lead.

Mustang

WOW just WOW !
get that bike away from that dealer now .................they sound pretty incompetent or crooked as hell !
What's the Dealer's name ?

if you had nothing when pressing the starter button I highly doubt anything is wrong with the igniter , I would be looking at the sidestand switch or clutch safety switch first , the motor needs to spin b4 it will make a spark .

fepn26

I think it might be the starter assembly.

The dealer is the BMW / Triumph at Metuchen, NJ

I will keep the old parts.  If the CDI still works I can always re-sell it.

thanks again

rybes

i got a similar prob on mine, tho it comes n goes and hasnt caused me a problem yet. ill go checkin all the connections first to see what i find
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)