News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ebay bonanza

Started by Nick Calne, October 20, 2010, 02:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Alright Girlies.  I don't often venture in here being a steamerist but I thought you might like to know that someone has broken a yellow Girly and there are gazillions of bits now available on ebay UK...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

So make sure you put 885 in otherwise it won't show,but most running bits will fit,a fair portion of my 955 is 885i.

haroldo_psf

Thanks for the heads up!

Wow, parts galore for my 885i!

Only thing is....I don't really need anything, but....

I was wondering. I added the following parts to my eBay watch list:

- Alternator
- Alternator rubber cushings
- water pump
- Fuel pump

I was just wondering if these things tend to fail with high mileage, and if I should just have them as spares in my garage, as they are listed there for a very fair price. For example, the alternator goes for 700 bucks new from Triumph, but it's listed for about 70 or 80 dollars if I remember correctly. Same for the fuel pump.

I am riding to the Arcitc Circle in 2012, and this bike needs to be running by then. What would ya do? Should I, or am I just pissing money down the drain?

I know, I will do a search for 885i issues here and see if these parts have failed in the past more than usual, but I thought I'd ask the question.
2000 Tiger 885i

Bixxer Bob

The switch gear is an absolute bargain at £8 for anyone wanting to convert their no-headlight-switch Girly to having a switch.  I did mine a while back - no MOT issues either.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Well bikers are a strange bunch,only buy when they need it and then complain on being held to ransome when they do need parts,I've bought heaps of Tiger stuff over the years,more to do with being at the right price than do I need it,and I'm on a profit margin,and i've done the same with other bikes as well.

haroldo_psf

Ok, I'm going to swoop those part then. What is this switch you mention, John?

I already have a high/low beam switch...
2000 Tiger 885i

John Stenhouse

It's the on off switch for the lights, it's on some models and not others, My canadian 955 can't switch the lights off if I wanted to, my english 885 I can.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

yack_ass

Only thing is....I don't really need anything, but....

I was wondering. I added the following parts to my eBay watch list:

- Alternator
- Alternator rubber cushings
- water pump
- Fuel pump

I was just wondering if these things tend to fail with high mileage, and if I should just have them as spares in my garage, as they are listed there for a very fair price. For example, the alternator goes for 700 bucks new from Triumph, but it's listed for about 70 or 80 dollars if I remember correctly. Same for the fuel pump.

This but ofcourse for 955i.

:?:  :?:  :?: