News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Improved Tigger back from Mr Triumph(Update)

Started by Timbox2, October 29, 2010, 06:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

So, I bit the bullet on Wednesday and handed the Tigger over to Thunderroad Motorcycles, more importantly to the ex Triumph Mechanic who now works there.

mainly I wanted the valve clearances checked again and the TB's balanced, yeah I could have done it, but time and a lack of a garage at present dictated otherwise.

Anyway, just rode her back and already I can feel a fairly dramatic difference, in the midrange more than anything else, none of the vibrating when accelerating from quite low (2.5k), in fairly tall gears.

Only 1 valve was out of spec, and too big, not tight!!, The TB's were out a little, and he also reset the TPS position.

Im pretty chuffed and the bill?  £223, which personally I dont think too much of a piss take, not for a main dealer anyway, albeit Honda.

Interestingly, he was the second Triumph bloke to tell me that putting a standard air filter back in might help the lumpy tickover and low down throttle response, dunno, maybe I will, although I dont mind that so much anyway.

UPDATE:  Put the OE air filter back in yesterday and seems the Triumph guy was spot on, much smoother idle and steady throttle.
2016 Tiger Sport