News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The Humble Brake Pad

Started by BigMark, October 30, 2010, 03:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMark

I much prefer the feel of organic brakes on my Girly. Just changed over and it's actually quite surprising how much more predictable the braking is. I find with sintered they tend to be somewhat more agressive in an almost on or off sense.

Anyone else tried these/uses these or has a comment to make?

daveb

I have fitted sintered all round, when running non sintered I found in heavy rain on my previous bike normal ones were vague no feel then they would bite. but un-nerving when coming off a sliproad of a motorway at speed.

Bixxer Bob

I've got HBC HH all round, plenty of feel but then again I've always used  HBC HH on both bikes so I don't know what organic is like.  In both cases there's a lot of weight to stop!!

Even more in your case Mark....  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NKL

I run sintered front organic rear, I like the feel of agressive initial bite, but that be from my racing days.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

BigMark

I dont know when you guys last tried Organic but they have come along way in the last few years "apparently" and the plus side with the weight to stop "Thanks Bob" :lol:   Is that the organics tend to run cooler and you dont get the overheated brake syndrome which I had on the swiss mountain passes using sintered.. (That was freaking scary!)

Like all things I guess, give it time and I may come back growling  :D

jphish

Only 7K on my 06' Girly (got it in Jan this year with only 3 K mi on it) But looks like pads are getting a bit thin already. What brand of "organic" pads do folks prefer...& how long do the last ??

Timbox2

Ive got quite used to Carbonne Lorraines, put them in the last 2 bikes Ive had and been very happy, especially when its wet, they seem to bite a bit quicker then EBC's
2016 Tiger Sport