News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1975 Norton Commando Interstate MkIII

Started by EvilBetty, November 01, 2010, 06:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

Very Kewl...
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/2030815972.html

1975 Norton Commando Interstate MkIII - $10950 (Kansas City)

QuoteThis is the last of the Commandos. What you are looking at is a motorcycle with less than 500 miles on a frame-up restoration. All of the numbers match. The frame, kickstand, centerstand and swingarm have been powder-coated. The engine top end was rebuilt with 1st oversize Asian pistons but Hepolite rings. All wheel bearings, swingarm bushings, steering bearings, seals, etc have been replaced. All of the parts used in the restoration were correct and stock with the exception of a Boyer Bransden ignition system. The tires are brand new period reproduction Avons. Clear title in my name. It leaks no oil. It starts flawlessly.

How does it run? It runs and handles wonderfully. In 1975 Norton/Triumph finally got it right. A variation of the Norton Isolastic anti-vibration system is used today on modern Harleys. Unfortunately it was too late and this bike will have to stand as a testament to the proud British motorcycle industry of that era.

The terms of this sale are: Cash. Contact Bob @ (816) 587-0006

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Mustang

it is cool but way overpriced

1. it's powdercoated frame ....points off in concours show
2. repainted and restored .....see #1

it's not that special for $10.5 k

EvilBetty

No I'd never pay that much for it... but I'd like to ride it :)

Mustang

come to nh you can ride this and take it home for 3 k

72 650 Triumph Bonneville
the last of the 4 speeds

EvilBetty

The Midnight Rambler

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

EvilBetty

JTT

Quote from: "Mustang"come to nh you can ride this and take it home for 3 k

72 650 Triumph Bonneville
the last of the 4 speeds

This one is prettier too.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR