News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brake Vibration Linked to Steering Bearings....

Started by BigMark, November 04, 2010, 11:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMark

Could it be....

I had some brake vibes, felt similar to warped discs, only my discs are new...

Have they been installed correctly - Yep.
Did I install new pads - Yep

So double checked everything and then worked upwards from wheel bearing.. My steering bearings were badly corroded and it wasn't until after I changed them I realised how stiff my steering was.  :oops:  funny thing progressive wear..

So if you think you have warped discs, maybe check your bearings first. Unless i have just fooled my senses and it will be back in a week..

Bixxer Bob

Mark,  are your new discs floating?  Only I experienced unusual vibes after ftting HBC floaters.  In my case it waws just normal disc flutter which only happens occasionally.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BigMark

They are floaters, yep. EBC though..

Well if it comes back then youre right.

Bixxer Bob

EBC HBC whatever,  it's an age thing.  Can't remember my own name some days.

On mine it occurs infrequently and is not really predictable.  THe first time I noticed it I was braking fairly hard approaching a roundabout and the "buzz" from the discs came as I eased off the front brake but not right off, just trailing it lightly to judge a gap in traffic.  Frightened the life out of me  :shock:

I think it's when the pads get warmed up, they tend to grab the disc better and so oscillate on the bobbins as the load comes off.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...