News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch life

Started by 97tiger885, November 12, 2010, 11:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

Do we have any data on clutch life?  My K75 got 60/90/120k with  heavy, medium and light use.  I have 70k now on the 885 with medium use.  What is the chance that I can get another 20k out of it?   If I need to rebuild it, I would rather do it late winter/early spring than late summer.

Mustang

any issues with it slipping or chattering ?
If not you should easily see 100 k or more  the clutches are pretty robust

bjago

Running on the same stock clutch for 81k miles, and still using the forbidden Mobil 1 car oil (with friction modifiers). No problems as of now.
05 Triumph Tiger 45K miles (lucifer orange)
98 Triumph Tiger 80K miles (sold)
98 Triumph T595 33K miles (sold :-(
04 MV Agusta Brutale 2500 miles (wifes)
93 GSXR 1100 85K miles (totalled)
91 GSXR 750 75K miles (sold)
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

nightrunner

A few years ago I was on a charity ride and met a fellow with a 96 steamer approaching 100K on the clock.  His was still running strong with only routine maintenance.  Once you address the few quirks, the Triumph triple is very sturdy motor.   Of course if you like burnouts, hill climbs, and wheelies, then you'll need to replace it sooner.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

97tiger885

Quote from: "Mustang"any issues with it slipping or chattering ?

No slipping or chattering.  Sounds like I can safely get another year. Good to know.  Thanks for the info.  

Is there any lever adjustment possible with hydraulic clutches or do we get what we have?

97tiger885

Quote from: "Mustang"any issues with it slipping or chattering ?

No slipping or chattering.  Sounds like I can safely get another year. Good to know.  Thanks for the info.  

Is there any lever adjustment possible with hydraulic clutches or do we get what we have?

Mustang

what you got is what there is ......................