News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Instrument Lighting Crap

Started by Ronseal0105, November 14, 2010, 10:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronseal0105

Iv had my 02 Tiger for 6 years now and have finally decided that its time to change the crappy instrument lights while iv got the cowling off to replace the speed sensor. It is something that has always bugged me as i cannot see speed or rev range unless it is completely dark. The question im asking is what has anyone else replaced the original bulbs with and where do you get them.

All help appreciated.
GREEN IS MEAN!!!!

malc

Ive just replaced all mine & they are much better the bulbs deteriorate with age they are a little fiddly to get to but nothing major the fuel,temp & speedo are ordinary car number plate light bulbs capless & the rev counter for some stupid reason is a really small triumph only bulb about £2.00 from a dealer but you may get 1 from a car spares shop but make sure its the same wattage cant remember off hand but triumph will tell you.
Its well worth doing imo.
its grrreaaattttttttt

KuzzinKenny

Hi guys !! I tryed the LED route for the speedo but never found one that lasted or illuminated the full speedo face so went back to a bulb  :(

but for the idiot light they're grrrrreat !! as long as you get ultrabright LED's....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-T5-286-10k-MC ... 518e908ae4

this link is just for a looky at them, i have no idea who this seller is !!

1 tip - green lens = green LED, clear lens = white LED and so on  :thumbsup

KK

ps DON'T replace the headlight full beam dash bulb with an LED !!

pps the speedo bulb is a 501/T10 rev counter is 286/T5  :?
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Great input Kenny; I've thought of doing this before but lost the will to live before cracking all the bulb codes. :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...