News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hagon Shock cautionary tale

Started by Advwannabe, November 18, 2010, 10:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advwannabe

Went to ride the other day, whne checking the rear tire pressure at the servo I noticed a crack in the weld where the shock shaft attaches to the bottom mount. Hmmmm I thought, better not ride too far with that. When I stripped the bike the bottom of the shock just fell away. I guess that could have been quite nasty. No piccies sorry, but I will post up some pics of the rewelded shock before I reinstall it.

The upside is I was able to get my local suspsension guy do a service and revalve at the same time, hopefully curing the chattering I get accelerating on corrugated gravel roads.

I raced motocross for 15 years and the closest I've ever got to this sort of failure was bending the shock shaft on a WP fitted to my Maico 500 that I was desert racing at speeds up to and over 160km/h on rough tracks. Suffice to say I don't run the Tiger that hard in the gravel ( well often anyway).

I'm willing to admit that the bottom mount was not as well greased as it should have been, but I'm still pretty unimpressed this has happened. Hagon owners, check your shocks!
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Timbox2

Funny though as someone has reported that Hyperpro have stopped doing the Girly shocks as they have concerns about the design of the mounting??
2016 Tiger Sport