News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEC Anyone

Started by Chris Canning, November 25, 2010, 09:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Well normally I(we) go on trade day,well there ain't one this year so I've(we've) got to rub shoulders with the great unwashed  :D ,it's 3 hail marys and were going on sunday,may the lord have mercy on us  :cry:

Bixxer Bob

I can't make it until the last Sat, the 3rd Chris.  Not even shopping for anything this yr as I got my wife a new Venice / Shannon suit for Xmas in the Hein Gericke sale.  Spoilt she is!!!

Looking forward to seeing the Tiger although I don't think I'll be buying one.  The old Girly and the 'Bird do all I need.  Even the 'Bird doesn't get much use these days.

I find myself hankering for a go at green laning now I have so much time on my hands, but wouldn't know where to start, or where I could go legally within a reasonable distance.  Maybe I should research it a bit. :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BONANZA

I,m supposed to be going on Saturday,weather permitting. Theres 3" of the white stuff outside at present :roll:
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

NeilD

no. I'm giving it a miss (again  :) ) this year - last time was just an excuse to meet up with some friends as theres not much 'stuff' I need, nor much in the new bike ranges I want to look at..

BB - off at a tangent, theres quite a good resource for looking for 'green lanes' here..
http://www.trailwise.org.uk/gmaps/gmap.htm

and for your neck of the woods.

http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/NR/rdo ... access.pdf

If I end up with another bike at any point it'll be a small trailie as I've a hankering to do this, althouhg up here despite being in the middle of nowhere, theres hardly any 'legal' trails to ride

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Well I all but gave up road riding for 10 years and raced an enduro bike,most of the Welsh one dayers and the Weston Beach race etc,the problem with any kind of trail/off road riding you better make sure you bounce well,because it's no good faffing about like you can on a road bike,you need to be comitted.

If you do go that route,nothing bigger than a 250,golden rule at some time you'll either have push/pull or carry it!!,I'd dearly love to go back to it,but i've a good memory,I haven't forgotten the pain.

But it's were you will learn to ride a bike,riding on the road you'll never learn bugger all apart from how to survive,when your on an offroad bike and the front is going one way and the back the other and it's yee haa ride e'm cowboy  :D

John Stenhouse

Join the TRF BB, they'll give you access to Trailwise for your area, you'll also find someone with locally marked maps.

Me I'm going as a guest of Norton this year apparently, Monday 29th with a friend  8)
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

akendall1966

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I find myself hankering for a go at green laning now I have so much time on my hands, but wouldn't know where to start, or where I could go legally within a reasonable distance.  Maybe I should research it a bit. :roll:

Mate of mine took it up recently - joining the local trf (South Devon)  set him up lots of advice on kit and riding and group rides to find the lanes you ride legit in the local area. He went straight to a KTM400, but TTR250 was the recommended tool of choice for a novice. He is lovin it,
----AK-----

malc

trail riding is "the best fun you can have with your clothes on" but remember the older you get the longer it takes to heal after a drop.
I started on a KLX250 around the peak distrint & last year got knocked off my KLR250 on the road so now have 2 road bikes but pining for another dirt bike
its grrreaaattttttttt

Chris Canning

Well went today,incase we woke up to 6" of snow tomorow,we don't travel a distance so hardly qualified to pass comment on good or bad show,but had a very good social day,as trade day it wasn't,but pleasant enough anyway,and if you go have a look at the 955 covered in crap with all the bells and whistles on the Touratech stand, and if you lucky the owner will be there to chat.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Chris Canning"....if you go have a look at the 955 covered in crap with all the bells and whistles on the Touratech stand....

Pimp my Girly...

:ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

Chris Canning

Rode out to Turkey,so he has good story to tell,and more importantly a good/easy guy to talk to,too easy,ended up costing me money buying gear off the stand :D

Bixxer Bob

I'll be sure to lok out for him.  What goodies did you buy?  I got a set of brushguards off them last year but am not looking for anything at the mo (then again, I wasn't last year either.... :roll: )

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I'll be sure to lok out for him.  What goodies did you buy?  I got a set of brushguards off them last year but am not looking for anything at the mo (then again, I wasn't last year either.... :roll: )

Same set of hand guards!!,interesting look on their face when they've already had your pants down,and then inform you the bits that fit on the top of them are extra  :oops:

We also have two helmets in the pipe line but thats a separate story.

daveb

I see scottoiler on their facebook page have photos of the new tiger from the NEC