News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger p**sing coolant

Started by daveb, December 07, 2010, 10:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

Hopefully Kenny, someone on the RAT site is also experiencing a leak on his tiger too. He also is in Scotland, so it could be the weather.

http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-worksho ... -leak.html

daveb

I did the 3 x 12 minutes start up on idle - no throttle just let the bike run until the fan cuts in. leave it cool and do it again and again.

The mil light has now gone out. so I am Chuffed

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "daveb"I did the 3 x 12 minutes start up on idle - no throttle just let the bike run until the fan cuts in. leave it cool and do it again and again.

The mil light has now gone out. so I am Chuffed

Nice when something works as advertised, and also when the damn light goes out eh? :lol:

Now set yourself up with Tune ECU then you can do it in seconds at the press of a button   :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

daveb

Well I was thinking of putting black electrical tape over the light or removing the bulb, hence no warning light = no problems,

just Jesting with you all. :D

Bob, Tune ECU, will need to be explained to me and how to to it, of find a link for me to read.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "daveb"...Bob, Tune ECU, will need to be explained to me and how to to it, of find a link for me to read....

:BangHead

How about you read my STICKY titled "TuneECU Knowledge"  for starters??   :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Nah, too easy!  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

daveb

what are instruction, never bothered with them before.

Cheers John for the vote of confidence  :D,

:oops: sorry Bob I didn't know about that page, wheres the link then - saves me looking for it.  :P

I like this forum, humour and micky taking.

Timbox2

Quote from: "daveb"what are instruction, never bothered with them before.

Cheers John for the vote of confidence  :D,

:oops: sorry Bob I didn't know about that page, wheres the link then - saves me looking for it.  :P

I like this forum, humour and micky taking.

Hit the back button so your at the Girly start page, look to the top, See the list of Stickys, see the Sticky:  Tune ECU Knowledge, that'll be it :roll:

Only jesting, sure ive done it meself in the past :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

Cheers TB2, I just seen the sticky linky dinky, I will have to read it and see the benefits and what equipment is required.

looks like a good write up there Bob,

Timbox2

Quote from: "daveb"Cheers TB2, I just seen the sticky linky dinky, I will have to read it and see the benefits and what equipment is required.

looks like a good write up there Bob,

If youve got a laptop, all you need to buy is a VW OBD cable, I got mine off ebay for about 6 quid IMSMR, be careful which one though the specs are within the Tune ECU how to's somewhere.
I say laptop, in theory you could use a PC as long as you can get it and a monitor near the bike.
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

went for a short spin today, the wife went pillion, 1st time pillion for about 10 years for her.

went for only 30 miles got back home expansion bottle overflowing with water again, it was about 18 deg c. so I think it could be a head gasket gone.

I ran the bike then on the drive up until the fan cut in, switched the bike off coolant again out of the expansion overflow. I heard a gurgling sound coming from the thermostat housing.

I replaced the rad cap and thermostat (triumph parts) any ideas, head gasket or something else.

Bixxer Bob

Is it throwing lots of coolant out?

Somethimes they just need burping then they settle down.  Air expands quicker that coolant so whenit gets hot she sheds some coolant.  Do a search, there's lots of info on how to burp properly.  Really hope that's all it is for you. :?

daveb

not much only between the top expansion mark and half way to the bottom mark,

so its just wind then  :lol: a bit like its owner

Bixxer Bob

Like all tiger servicing, it's never starighforward.  To burp you have to take the tank off, then you have to re-connect the tank while on a side table to run the engine to do the burp.

daveb

well its coming up to the 10k-12k service, I will get it through the mot soon the mot station is only 3 miles away, then my nearest dealership is about 50-60 miles away for servicing.