News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

99-00 Tigers - OPINIONS?

Started by kdog37217, October 11, 2004, 07:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdog37217

:?: Hello, I have a '96 Steamer, and I'm looking to upgrade. I love it but some of the maintenance issues have started to get to me. I can't yet afford a 955i.

Any opinions or experiences with these 885i bikes?

Thanks, Kevin
I\'ve planned the route where no day is more than 288 miles...

Chris Canning

I had two 885's or as i prefer to call e'm 900i's,better than a Africa twin but nowhere as good as a 955i,save you money and wait untill you can afford one,blimey at the rate Tigers loose money you shouldn't have to wait to long!!!.

Chris

trotts

:D In an earlier life I owned two 885 Tiger, in 99 and 2000.  I have to agree, wait and you can get an early 955 for a song.  Look on e bay !  Whether we like it or not, the value of a Tiger ( or any triumph ?) lose's great lumps off its value in the early years.  Seen some crazy deals on offer for 01/02 Tigers 955i.  Motto is, buy one, you have to keep it for a few years !!
Dave T