News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The Goober of Kalifornia AMA 'Man' of the Year 2010!

Started by TigerTrax, December 14, 2010, 04:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

COPIED from AMA article:  :icon_salut

California Governator Arnold Schwarzenegger AMA Motorcyclist of the Year... Really?
December 8, 2010 | Published by American Motorcyclist Association    

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) announced today its AMA Motorcyclist of the Year. Awarded annually, the AMA Motorcyclist of the Year designation recognizes the person(s) who has had the most profound impact on the world of motorcycling, for better or worse, in the previous 12 months.

ama_logo_smallFor 2010, that distinction belongs to outgoing California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, whose signature on a controversial law will have far-reaching and potentially harmful effects on the motorcycling community nationwide.

With no fanfare, Schwarzenegger signed a poorly crafted bill on Sept. 28 that fundamentally changes how California will regulate motorcycle exhaust systems. The new law also maps a path for the rest of the country, as other state and local lawmakers look for their own answers to address excessive motorcycle sound. The full story is in the January 2011 issue of American Motorcyclist magazine, the journal of the AMA.

"Gov. Schwarzenegger signed a piece of legislation that has rocked the motorcycling world, and will impact motorcyclists in other states as well for years to come," said AMA President and CEO Rob Dingman. "This makes him the logical choice for the 2010 AMA Motorcyclist of the Year."

Hali -F***** - Luyah   :BangHead
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

John Stenhouse

Anybody got a copy of the article?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

KuzzinKenny

I agree with Arnie  :shock: those pesky loud motorcycles are far worse than this kind of behaviour !!  :roll:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Strang ... 3709?f=rss

loud pipes don't kill !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly