News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Quart into a Pint Pot.

Started by Chris Canning, January 05, 2011, 01:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Ever since I've had my Tiger the stock battery and it's replacement has never filled me with confidence,the good old YTX14 does have it's moments when I'm thinking S is it going to start.

While I've had a couple of attempts before, this christmas I knuckled down and made and  effort,I'll need to use it for a while to make sure all is well,it's a tight fit with a lot of effort,but it is possible to fit a PC535 but a job only for the serious tinkerer!!.

blacktiger

I had one of those Odessey batteries on my BMW R100GS but it fell to bits internally after 18 months and left me stranded. After a lift home with Mr Recovery, I refitted the OE Varta and all was well again.
I hope you have better luck.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Chris Canning

As I've sold at least 60 if not more on a group buy over 7/8 years,and no one has had a problem,and the one on my 1100s is 6/7 years old and still starts bang on the buttonI think it'll be OK  :wink:

The only reason it might not be,it's a pretty tight fit.

And if it fell to bits inside,should have sent it back,although Varta take some beating on warranty,I took one off my Tiger!!

Chris Canning

All of which will have been a complete waste of time if I can blag a lithium battery to try.

oxnsox

You'll need to change your charging system for that Chris, me thinks
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris Canning

Quote from: "oxnsox"You'll need to change your charging system for that Chris, me thinks

Not sure if you mean the 535 or a lithium,but all of the threads i've seen on lithiums say you connect e'm and off you go and they charge fine as per a lead acid,were the debate is,you only get a couple decent goes on the button,they go flat pretty quick.

blacktiger

Quote from: "Chris Canning"And if it fell to bits inside,should have sent it back,!

It was outside the warranty.

Oh and I bought a Varta for the Tiger after its 4th year.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.