News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Needing Shims // Got Any You Want to Sell

Started by 19dajudge, January 06, 2011, 04:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19dajudge

Adjusting the valves on my Steamer.  I need the following shims if any one has extras:

two 2.25
one 2.35
one 2.5

Thought I would ask hear before turning to my local Hoodat / Kamakazi / Susuckme dealer who will only tell me he has to order them.  Let me know how much.  Thx

Colonel Nikolai

What sizes do you have to trade?
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

19dajudge

Have a one 2.88, two 2.82, one that says 3.04 but actually measures about 2.8 that can me traded.

Colonel Nikolai

Sorry man. None of those are around the sizes I could use in the next year or so.

I went to my Triumph dealer and they required $7 AND my old shim in trade. Cheaper route is to buy on ebay. I was getting them for around $5 each without trade. Do you want me to get you the sellers I used? Let me know I can look them up.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

zombie2

I've got a few.
I'll measure them later today and let you know what I got and if they work I'll swap ya

19dajudge

Found some at my local Yamaha dealer.  $7 per but saves further delay.