News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Water exclusion

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 11, 2011, 12:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I was reading through the Girly posts this morning and came across a post by FE Man about using epoxy to keep the damp out of his ignition switch.  It reminded me of a fix I did years ago on my Blackbird that I thought was worth sharing.  

At the time I'd just had a Power Commander fitted to my 'Bird and was a bit worried about the massive multiplug that connected to the 'Bird's ECU as it was not very well protected against damp and resided in the tail of the bike which can get quite wet on long journeys in the rain.  After some browsing of the net I bought some of this:

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/aircra ... 50g__8e92/

I then wrapped gaffer tape round the plug to a level about 1/2 inch above the back of the plug to form a void into which I could pour the resin.  I chose this product because it's designed for casting and so is easy to pour.  Once it hardened, I peeled off the tape to reveal the back of the plug and all the wiring neatly potted in resin.  It's been like that for nearly ten years and looks the same as the day I did it so I guess that's a result!!  :)

Edit:

Here's a pic.  Sorry about the focus, it was a quick shot with my phone.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

jwray76

That should definitely keep corosion at bay!