News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

At Last!

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 11, 2011, 02:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Got out for a few miles yesterday; first time since the beginning of the snow last December.  I was going stir crazy :roll:  

I didn't get far as I found that although the main roads were dry and clear, the lanes were iffy - mainly dry - but every shady patch had frost or black ice on it  :shock:

I settled for a run up to Webbs in Peterborough and chatted with a guy who was riding the two 800 tigers back to back.  His main ride was a Daytona 675 but fancied something more practical.  He liked the XC but preferred the lower seat on the base model.  I suggested to him that we tend to make choices not on what's best for us but how that choice is portrayed ie buying the XC in case we look soft or might one day maybe ride across a wet grass bike park when what we really need is the lower, friendly base ride.   :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

The whole concept of selling e'm is based on what the next door neighbour thinks when their ridden off the drive  :wink:

Bixxer Bob

Just selling the dream eh ...

I want to put mine into being but stuff keeps getting in the way.  We already have pegs in the ground (Moto GP at Silverstone, F1 at Spa, 3 weeks in Tibet, Fairford Air Show, weddings, blah, blah) and my mate and I signed up to Marshal at the TT or the Manx but how the hell I'm going to fit it in is still unresolved.

In quiet moments I keep looking at maps and a plan is slowly coming together that'll need at least 4 weeks and at least one other person as some of it I don't fancy doing on my own.  No deliberate off-roading involved, just lots of scenery.  I can't say more as SWMBO sometimes reads this... :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...