News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I think it's time to wake up the Tiger

Started by SHROPSHIRELAD, January 24, 2011, 09:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHROPSHIRELAD

It was only the other day when I realised it was mid October snice I last took the Tiger out (sorry) 2nd click on the starter and it burst into life, keeping it on the battery charger really does it's job well.   Just wondering if any one else has left their bike parked up for so long ?

SHROPSHIRELAD

Can any one tell me how to make the photos a bit smaller ? The bike looks bigger on the posting than it does in real life...........

walker

If I had 3D glasses, I think that bike would be sitting here on the desk!

You'd need some software to resize the image. Something that came with the camera? Picasa would do it. Google product, and it's free.

I like xnview, although the interface is hard to work with if you are new to photo editing (some functions are only available if you right mouse click on an image for example). But it is powerful and free (a lot like acdeesee, only free).

iansoady

Quote from: "SHROPSHIRELAD"Can any one tell me how to make the photos a bit smaller ? The bike looks bigger on the posting than it does in real life...........

I use pixresizer which is free and has a useful batch processing function.

BTW I take it the photo was before you went anywhere on it, or are you just very good at cleaning the muck off?
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "iansoady"BTW I take it the photo was before you went anywhere on it, or are you just very good at cleaning the muck off?

Just what I was thinking, far too clean. .... :)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

SHROPSHIRELAD

Picture was taken just before I put it away for the winter.  I'm one of those riders who also enjoys keeping my bike clean and polished up which is easy to do as the build quality on the Triumph is brillant far better than my older 1150gs.

Chris Canning

Having thrown a Tiger down the road with Touratech bars and was very pleased with end results,looking at those on yours doesn't fill me with convidence,the bottom bit looks mighty iffy,hopefully you won't have to find out.

SHROPSHIRELAD

Funny you should spot that,I have been thinking for a while now about ordering a set of Touratech bars for the Tiger as I saw a set at the NEC last year, and also fitting their own sump guard protector. Do you now if I was to fit the bars I would have to remove them and refit them to put the Touratech sump guard, I didn't want to spend a daybolting things on only to take them off again cheers Alan......

Chris Canning

I haven't got the sump guard so I don't know there must be others on here who do,as for fitting the Touratechs,having had mine on and off a couple of times it's know great shakes doing it,but doing them the first time with German instructions I didn't think so  :oops:

Folks talk about how good their TT's are,but most have fallen off at walking pace I didn't,not only work well,but the design means they don't dig in either when the bike is skateing down the road.

outrunner

I have those bars on my Tiger and when I threw it down the road it totally fecked the right hand bar. It did save the tank and various other pricey bits but they strike me as a once only solution, luckily I picked up a shop soiled replacement from Triumph online but one of these days I will bite the bullet and get the Touratec ones.

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Putts255

Real nice and clean bike, I wish I took the time to make mine that nice, maybe in the spring, maybe.... :wink:

I just got the Fehling bars.  If room permits I plan on adding tubing to fit between the 2 bolts that hold the bottom bracket on.  I figure this is the weakest link.  Otherwise I love the look of them and they will do fine if and when I ever have a silly drop while standing still.

Also was thinking about building slide bars for the factory panniers, so in the event of a stationary fall they will protect the paint etc...  That is if I can actually figure out if I am any good with the second hand welder my buddy gave me this fall...
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

KuzzinKenny

My Tigger was last out at the end of October  :shock: but i don't put mine away for the winter  :shock: it was the lack of funds, then the over a foot of snow and still the lack of funds thats keepin mine in the shed  :cry:

KK

ps you need to stop lickin that bike clean, people will start to talk  :lol:  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :wink:
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Timbox2

Whats the matter with you lot, mines done 2k since November :)
2016 Tiger Sport

Danny955i

I never 'put my Tiger away'... it's always ready to go.

If I don't ride it, I at least start it every couple of weeks and let it get a full warm-up. Keeps the cob-webs, condensation and critters out of important places.

Other than that, once spring time comes it'll get a bath, oil change, radiator flush, new filters, and (this year) a new fuel pump.

Then it's just a check of the hoses, adjustment of the chain, and a 100% full-charge of the battery and off it goes to it's first full-tank of fresh gas.

zombie2

That thing is spotless , fair play
what year is it and how many miles on it?