News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

96 caspain blue Steamer £850 quid for quick sale

Started by Jaythro, February 02, 2011, 08:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaythro

Seeing if there is a market?  I thought about it and price has been reduced
Based in County Antrim N Ireland about half an hour from Airport and 20 mins from Ferries

Okay my 96 Steamer has come back from my friend borrowing it and I need to spend a day tidying up bits and bobs but I'm backlogged with work and 2 project bikes to do So If someone is intersted I'll move it on at cheap money
So thats My Dilemma Do I sell My Steamer on for circa  £850 and let some one finsih it off while I work on my other bikes

Bike info :- It's got 48K ish miles on it

It had a service 3,000 miles ago along with a back tyre and a chain

MOT to June 2011 Tax till end of may 2011
Head bearings replaced  and all 3 callipers overhauled at time of purchase
Front Tyre AnnakeeII 4 mm or more tread

Back Tyre Tourance squared off and approching wear marks app 2 mm

Chain and sprockets 5k miles on it

Backrack and rear cowl changed to a steel rack and a replacement cowl due to  the alloy one breaking  (both old bits will go with the bike)

There's a smallish top box (i'm keeping my H & B box for my GS project bike)

Fitted the indicator repeaters in the dash with the superbright LED ones (a must for steamers)

I cut down a screen from a 1150 GS and fitted it for a bit of extra protection

Bad points:-

She has a misfire and I've bought the carb o rings from the states a set of stick coils (2010 bike)  and another set of plugs to rule out the coils as I am pretty sure they are original

One fork has a weep and I've bought fork seals and oil

Other than that the bike is relatively clean I repaired the tank drain so it drains the filler area properly now so no more water in the fuel

Jaythro

Thats the screen I must see if I can get a better photo when the rain and wind stops here

19dajudge

Forget selling it.  How about just putting together a trip around Ireland for us Texans and let's go riding.

Biglad

Quote from: "19dajudge"Forget selling it.  How about just putting together a trip around Ireland for us Texans and let's go riding.

I'm up for that. I'm up in the most beautiful North West of Ireland, I'll show you around if you make it this far... :D

Nice bike for little money, market is terrible for selling at the moment though...best of luck with your decision...
2001 955i Roulette Green

Sin_Tiger

If it's still up for grabs drop me a PM, I'll be back in Ayrshire in April.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Jaythro

Hey Sin How ya doin

I'm on a strip and rebuild now I rode it again even with the missfire and the high footpegs Stoopid or What I enjoyed the "traillie thing"

So I bought a set of stick coils and I have located pugs that will suit (I think) i.e.  Bandit 1200 have similar heat range and length because the standard Tiger plugs seem to have a non removeable end and the sticks go onto the little threaded bit on the end of a plug

And I spotted a shim tool for cheap and will do the shims and carbs and the airbox and the little o rings which I got from the states

Fork seals and oil with a "Tad" more preload me thinks

It will be more expensive but it will be worth it!

All In All I'd like to make a Mustang Special but gotta be practical

BIG BILL

Jaythro, I can't promise anything but this is just what my mate is looking for, I will pass this on and see if he will travel..

We could encorporate a ride w/end thing..

will it ride or do we need a van/trailer?

Good luck with the sale.

BIG BILL
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

Jaythro

Bill No worries But It' on Hold just now as I spent a hundred and odds buying coils and seals and plugs and Carb o rings and oil and ... and .... and.... Oh Yeah edit New Rear tyre
 :D

Looks Like I "may" have a buyer for my K100RS 16Valve that I bought and never got near either

So if it goes Tigger may stay for the summer and beyond IF i can get some more gas mileage from her

My MAtes 1150GS does 45 to 50 mpg the tigger ridden easy 35 and pushed on 28 BUT I am 20 stone and I have no servic ehistory so the culprit lay lie in the air filter carb o rings

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Jaythro

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger":new_popcornsmiley  :new_popcornsmiley

K100 buyer very interested but no Cigar YET So it's possibly still available and any bits not fitted will go with her

Jaythro

Bugger it I got an urge and I just bought a Centre stand kit from Germany

I can be arsed working on the bike on it's side or on the lift you just trip over stuff all the time

It's one of the nice bendy leg style kits not the dopey looking straight leg ones

Zum Teufeul Onwards and upwards

I still resent spending £150 in the UK for one of these plus shipping, I'm getting it from Germany (delivered ) for much less than the buying price in Euro.

Besides I know I can recover my cost thru here one of you folks would like it at a decent price if I sell the bike meantime    :D  :D  :D

Sin_Tiger

Damn right there, still front of the que I hope. Might pop over for a day when I am home in April.

Jaythro

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Damn right there, still front of the que I hope. Might pop over for a day when I am home in April.

MOre than welcome Give me a heads up and I'll see if i can set a day aside to do the stuff

I'm near the ferry or airport So you can get a lift :-D