News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coils

Started by EPO, February 11, 2011, 09:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EPO

Hi all, I've been going over some of the bits and pieces I may need if I decide to rebuild my Tiger. The most expensive item on my list so far is the Nology coils at £210 for the three. From the threads I've looked at they seem way cheaper in the States - is there a source over there that ships to UK? Or is there a cheaper equivalent available in Europe?

Mustang

EPO

Many thanks. Thats saved me a £100 already!

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "EPO"Many thanks. Thats saved me a £100 already!

Don't get caught out by forgetting the import tax,  I got ROASTED over an exhaust I bought from Texas for my old Yam... :evil:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

EPO

Thanks Bob, as much as I love our green and pleasant land I'm starting to get mighty hacked off with fuel prices, VAT increases, service cuts etc.

Jaythro

Before you order them there's a wee loophole but they will have to co0me to my address first then on to you but chances of customs charges are 99% zero !

rf9rider

Another cheaper option is to fit coils from a TT600.
You`ll have to wire them in, but they are reliable and much cheaper than the Nologys.  :)

rybes

that new level motorsport is a good place to deal with. i got my coils leads n plugs from them for less than 3 coils from the uk.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

GavD

I went the TT600 coil route, £40 for a set of 4 off ebay. £5 worth of wiring and spade connectors from Maplins and your away. All you need to do is build up the body of the coil a bit to stop road crap and water getting down into where the spark plug sits, I nicked some heatshrink tubing from work and shrunk that down over it to make a snug fit - sorted.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "GavD"I went the TT600 coil route, £40 for a set of 4 off ebay. £5 worth of wiring and spade connectors from Maplins and your away. All you need to do is build up the body of the coil a bit to stop road crap and water getting down into where the spark plug sits, I nicked some heatshrink tubing from work and shrunk that down over it to make a snug fit - sorted.

Self-amalgamating tape as used to waterproof electrical joints does the same job and it remains slightly sticky so will form a good seal.  Just remember you have to stretch it as you apply it to activate it.  It sticks to itself and forms a chemical bond within a few minutes.

http://www.spares2you.co.uk/Self-Amalga ... ating_Tape
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...