News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pulling the motor

Started by two-feather, October 18, 2004, 03:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

two-feather

Anyone have some experience pulling a motor from a 1995 era Tiger?

So far I a pretty sure that Triumph has found a way to break the laws of physics, and have the motor stay on the frame defying gravity.

A couple of weeks ago I tripped over a diablo black tiger (always loved that style) for a song.  snagged it up, and started riding it.  After a couple of weeks one day after work it decided it would not start.  After running the battery into the ground (over an hour and a half of try one more time).  I trucked it home, and started trouble shooting.  All three of the important things are there (gas compression and spark).  But now if I hit the starter it sounds like all hell is broken loose.  After pulling the starter, and finding the idler gear is hitting the inside of the case, I decided to pull the motor and give the sprag clutch the once over.

By the book (triumph service manual) it won't come out of the frame.

so now it sits in my garage, taunting me.  The motor is hovering, with all six motor mount bolts removed, and the motor is moved such that all the bolt holes are no longer in line.  (the only place that is still in near contact with the motor is the upper front).

any experiences   ?

RedMenace

Joe, have you gotten that engine out yet?
The Red Menace