News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

caliper pistons and seals

Started by andyh, February 17, 2011, 06:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyh

Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone wants any caliper pistons and seals for their Tiger.

I own an Xtz750 and posted on Super Tenere Network that I can get genuine Yamaha piston and seal kits for a really good price.
One of the other members mentioned that steamers share the same calipers so I thought I'd post as it looks like you guys have the same sticking and seals getting damaged by corrosion.

The pistons are 27mm OD and 31mm length. The package comes with two pistons and two sets of seals.
The kits will fit Nissin 2pot calipers found on the Steamer and Girly Tiger's. They are not pattern parts.

I believe the kit is usually around 60 quid per caliper.
I can do 1 caliper set for 25pound, 2 for 47pound or 3 caliper sets for 68pound.
Postage is at cost when I return to the UK. I will March 4th or thereabouts.

PS I grew up in Hinckely, my Nan lives just down the road from the Triumph factory.

:)
 Thanks Andy

Edit; let down by yamaha, parts are now suzuki, still the same and still genuine.

Timbox2

I could definately be interested, I cleaned mine the other day again, but I think I could do with newuns, let us know when your back
2016 Tiger Sport

BruKen

Wow, that sounds too good to be true. I'll take a set on principle. Do you have any reference sales ( sorry to be jaded, but you have popped out of the blue) ?

andyh

Hey chaps,

Sorry I dont have any reference sales as yet although some of the guys on Supertenerenetwork have brought them on faith. I cant post as yet as I'm out of the country until 4th March.

I am an active member of the site and do not intend to try and fleece anyone. Buy through paypal and if you're not happy you can have the money (less postage) back.

The pistons and seals are genuine Yamaha for the Nissin 2pot caliper.
The the same assembly from the Yamaha UK website is £90.68 for one caliper, some of the guys on the tenere forum think this price is for just ONE piston. Either way its a really good saving.

I'll post a pic of a kit when I get a chance.

Thanks Andy

PS. I worked on the same estate as the Triumph factory washing veg trays for Tesco's, great days... Probably the worst job I ever had.

BruKen

That is a brilliant saving. Let us know when you are back.

andyh

Hi i've been let down by yamaha but have found the same parts from suzuki.
here's a pic...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/attachme ... 1298637590
http://www.super-tenere.net/index.php/gallery/my-images/andyh/pistons-and-seals-325#joomimg

Piston kits are in very limited supply, but seals (genuine and pattern) no problem.

Back in the UK 3rd march. Let me know if you want some, prices as above.

Thanks Andy

chairhead

Andy,
you need log in details in order to view this link,
i'd be interested in a full set :D
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

andyh

the advrider link too?
oh dear, i'm trying for strike 3 then...
Again prices above.
I wont be getting anymore for along time...

http://www.super-tenere.net/index.php/g ... amp;id=325

andyh

Hi guys
 I'm now back in the UK
If anyone wants pistons kits let me know

can anyone tell me if these rubber boots and the pins are the same for tigers?

thanks Andyh

emken67

Hi Andy,

I'm interested in a 3 pack -what next?

CoolHandLuke

Aye, the rubber boots and pins are the same.

I would be interested in the boots and seals if you can do those separately.

andyh

Hi all,
I was wondering about the pins and rubber boots, thanks for the reply Coolhandluke.

In light of the fact that they are the same the pistons will be sold with the full kit. Otherwise you can have the kit without the pistons.

One kit  (2 pistons, 4 seals, 2 pins and both rubber boots)

The price for above is £32.50 + postage - One set
£60.00 + postage - Two sets
£86.50 + postage - Three sets

Also 8 kits without pistons (like the david lambeth one one ebay (for the xtz750, but without the bleed nipple) £16 + postage per set.

All the parts for these kits are genuine either Suzuki or Kawasaki. The parts are made for nissin 2pot calipers.

I only have a handful left, they are in very short supply.
IF you want either kit(s) PM me.

chairhead

Thanks Andy,
kits arrived today,although i am missing one smaller boot :( ,
and everything is genuine Kawasaki/Suzuki and brand new :D
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

andyh

Hi chairhead,
I'm glad you're happy with the kits.
When I was bagging them up I remember having 1 small boot spare...
Now I know why.  :oops:
I'll post it to you asap

Thanks for the 'feedback'

NeilD

cheers Andy, got my set today..  8)

the rubber boots seem to be made of a more robust rubber than the pattern ones I bought recently, so hopefully that means they'll last a bit longer..  :)

thanks

Neil