News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lake Bafa, West Turkey...

Started by Basri..., February 22, 2011, 04:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basri...

Here how it is started;

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,9122

Following mornig ready to leave, with a huge hangover..

Lake Bafa is one of the biggest lakes in West Turkey, finally the lake through the olive trees..

As i arrived to camping site, fishermen brought some fresh fish from the lake..

Anyway, set up the tent, start enjoying the nature and the lake..

Few wiews of the lake..

Nights were really cold, almost freezing point, but, my US made sleeping bag saved my nights..

This sleeping bag, i think made year 1952. My father was a Korean veteran, he brought it from Korea that we Turks and Americans fight at the same side..

I should mention abot "Rakı"..
It is our national alchol drink with 40% proof, like Greek Ouzo but much better.. :rock-1  :D

Last night a very heavy rain started, so, i made my way back home on curvy mountain roads..

Finally home, a cold beer at the place of an old friend..

Few notes;

Did not take any tools with me, this 14 yrs old machine is really relaible..
But Steamers are not for ewerybody, need to have lots of on and off road experience, very unbalanced bikes, maybe mine is like that..

But, for the 1/10th cost of a R1200GS, does her job really well..

For this short trip, thanks to my steamer, "TigerTriple", specially Mustang and other members helping to keep our Steamers alive...
Basri,

since 1965...

NeilD

Quote from: "Basri..."

nice picture  8)

looks like a good trip - I guess the bottle of 'Raki' helped as much as the sleeping bag in keeping you warm!  :D

Bixxer Bob

Great write up Basri, you must be inspired to venture further next time?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Ahh, a bit of Turkish delight, very nice, wish you hadnt mentioned Raki, I remember drinking it once, and then I dont remember much else :shock:
2016 Tiger Sport

BruKen

Looks like a beautiful place to ride. Thanks for sharing.

John Stenhouse

Great photos, weather looked good too
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

TheMule

Thanks for posting this, looks like a great time. Beautiful country and a great looking bike!!
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

Nick Calne

Nice trip.  Is Turkey secretly one of the most beautiful places in the world or what?

As for the alcohol - oh dear Yeni Raki!  Last time I saw that was a party at my house in 1999.  It got mixed with champagne and vodka and then all hell broke loose, the full details of which I can't post on a family website.

Edited highlights include one point where several people (men and women) were wrestling semi naked on the kitchen floor (lino) covered in baby oil. Someone's wife getting a black eye (no-one knows how or why)and damage to the house that cost about a grand to repair.

Oh happy days... :lol:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Basri...

Quote from: "NeilD"I guess the bottle of 'Raki' helped as much as the sleeping bag in keeping you warm!  :D

Not much, i am immunized.. :D

The bottle on the picture is "camping size", only 35 cc.

The size i buy for home ewery two days is 100 cc

Rakı is a tradition here, a culture, pass from father to son..

Must be always consumed with food, at the right time.
When sun getting closed to horizon, can start drinking Rakı, so at the sun set, you already had few shuts and enjoy the sun set much better.
Feta cheese, melon, cold dishes prepared with olive oil and fish are the best friends of Rakı.

We say, if you don't drink Rakı besides fish, fish stands up on the plate and spits on your face..

Quote from: "Timbox2"wish you hadnt mentioned Raki, I remember drinking it once, and then I dont remember much else :shock:

Quote from: "nickcalne"As for the alcohol - oh dear Yeni Raki!  Last time I saw that was a party at my house in 1999.  It got mixed with champagne and vodka and then all hell broke loose, the full details of which I can't post on a family website.

Edited highlights include one point where several people (men and women) were wrestling semi naked on the kitchen floor (lino) covered in baby oil. Someone's wife getting a black eye (no-one knows how or why)and damage to the house that cost about a grand to repair

When i lived in England "The Scotch" and when i lived in America "The Burbon" made similar effects to me and had similar experiences.. :D
Basri,

since 1965...

Hemibee

Looks like a good ride, thanks for sharing.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

blacktiger

Quote from: "Basri..."

Rakı is a tradition here, a culture, pass from father to son..

:D

Looks like a very scenic country you live in. I must get down there and try some of that Raki as I'm a bit partial to Ricard51.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

BigMark

Quote from: "blacktiger"Looks like a very scenic country you live in. I must get down there and try some of that Raki as I'm a bit partial to Ricard51.

I am in.. When do you want to ride down there?

chairhead

Basri,
thanks for the short write up and great pictures 8) ,
that lake looked very nice,but not too many people around,
is it usually that quite?,saying that its probably best that way :lol:
did you get anty fishing done,maybe you caught one for your supper only to be had with your Raki :roll:  :wink:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel