News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger running poorly - things to look for please

Started by ChazzyB, February 22, 2011, 06:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Chazzy, take the baseplate off your old ECU,  my money's on water ingress - seems to be the main cause of ECU failure, which is why I blanked off all the holes in my undertray.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ChazzyB

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Chazzy, take the baseplate off your old ECU,  my money's on water ingress - seems to be the main cause of ECU failure, which is why I blanked off all the holes in my undertray.

I'll have a look inside shortly. I took the precaution of cleaning the undertray and covering all the holes with good, sticky duct tape, black of course. The main culprit appears to be the hole under the 'hook' which locates the back edge of the ECU.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Bixxer Bob

Why, oh why, do Triumph design in failure in this way??? :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...