News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Insurance time

Started by daveb, March 01, 2011, 06:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

My insurance is due mid March 2011,

Last year I needed to get the bike home from the Dealers, big mistake on insurance rang the company and paid £350 F.Comp. (Carole Nash)

just got the reminder £324 fully comp.

Used Admiral Bike insurance (they are also the Bike insurer - comparison site)

Same cover as I currently got, Motorcycle Direct, Aviva is the Insurance provider £143 fully comp, with £250 excess.

Big Difference, I will be changing Insurance provider this year.

Mustang

I have 3 tigers and a 2002 bonneville insured for year round coverage with Progressive here in the states for $350 USD total for all 4 bikes . not only do you guys get hosed on gas prices it looks like they stick it to you on insurance too !

Putts255

Posted twice, sorry
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

daveb

sad but true Mustang, hence its known as Rip of Britain

NeilD

Quote from: "daveb"just got the reminder £324 fully comp.

got the car and 2 bikes fully comp + breakdown/recovery via CN for about that this year... I must be a really old person...  :D

Nick Calne

Mustang - The tax burden here is massive when you buy anything to do with a vehicle.  Fuel, insurance the vehicle itself, you name it, there is a big cost and a big associated tax.  Fuel even has two taxes!  To get a company car of the sales forecourt and drive it across London you need to pay about 10 different taxes and charges.  It's current the equivalent $7.20 for a US gallon of petrol at the moment.  I suspect if the government tried to do that in the US, you guys would just shoot them up.  And rightly so.  Rip off Britain is about right.

Dave - try H&R insurance when you get a chance, they are often very reasonable.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "nickcalne"Dave - try H&R insurance when you get a chance, they are often very reasonable.

+1 :wink: Been with them for years and always had good service.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

tett

Try getting insurance in Ontario.  Insurance for my Valkyrie and 06 Girly is over $1000.  Have full comprehense on the Valk and just liability on the Girly.

And, I have a clean driving record with 30 years riding bikes!

tett

Quote from: "Mustang"I have 3 tigers and a 2002 bonneville insured for year round coverage with Progressive here in the states for $350 USD total for all 4 bikes . not only do you guys get hosed on gas prices it looks like they stick it to you on insurance too !
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

daveb

I had to updated the quotes to carry pillion so it goes up by almost another £50

tried Bennetts £150 all in inc pillion excess £700

got a few more to try before I commit my self.

daveb

Just tried Footman James £244.

so it looks like either
Bennetts £150 Excess £500
MCE  £188 excess £500
Motorcycle direct £185 £750

Aviva came in at £414 :eek:

eBIKE £224 Excess £475
Hastings £185 Excess £400 plus £20 legal cover

Some of these insurance class a locked shed as a garage others don't recognise a wooden shed.

Timbox2

Just my two jaded penneth worth, but all Insurance co's/brokers are after as much money from you as they can get and unless you are prepared to shop around and call there bluff every year they will try and stiff you.

Sorry, I put them in the same bracket as HMRC and Estate Agents,  :evil:
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

Quote from: "Timbox2"Just my two jaded penneth worth, but all Insurance co's/brokers are after as much money from you as they can get and unless you are prepared to shop around and call there bluff every year they will try and stiff you.

Sorry, I put them in the same bracket as HMRC and Estate Agents,  :evil:

I tend to agree, you know how good they are when you make a claim.

rybes

i can sympathis with ya tett. i lived in canada a few years ago, london. they wanted 3000 to insure a ratty old golf or the same to insure a 1974 ford galaxie 500. guess what i got  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "nickcalne"Dave - try H&R insurance when you get a chance, they are often very reasonable.

+1 :wink: Been with them for years and always had good service.

just had a looky at there site........

http://www.hrinsurance.co.uk/motorcycle/motorcycle.asp

click on the online quote and go down to No. 6, No. 7  :icon_scratch

your bikes don't have any mods or accessories ??

i phoned them and they only cover the bike, so if its totaled you only get what the book says for bike and all yer farkles get ya nowt !!

KK

ps anyone else to try as mines up soon  :(
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Thanks Kenny, I'll be checking the small print tomorrow.... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...