News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Triumph Tiger Tune

Started by Bixxer Bob, March 06, 2011, 08:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Oh good grief..........

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

and i've not asked anythin yet   :?  :lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Timbox2"Just to update, I have this morning gone back to the Modified AF Tune I was using before, dunno what happened but the new tune seemed fine for a couple of days then yesterday I started getting the old on/off throttle again??

Anyway old tune back in and seems fine again, strange??

When you loaded the tune the trims were reset.  Your O2 sensor trimmed the good tune back to crap settings.  Thanks for the info, I'll make sure to disable the O2 sensor in the new Triumph map and then reload it.  Not sure if you can do this in Tune ECU tho'  I'll have to do it in Tunedit.

And before you all ask,  no there's not a software switch to do it, you have to change all the A/F values.  O2 only works between 14.5 -14.7 so drop all A/F values to 14  or below and the O2 never wakes up.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

topher0268

ahhhh ok I see the info in the map now .. I'm done asking questions  :wink:
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

Bixxer Bob

Sorry guys, I was a bit out of it yesterday whilst trying to get off the drugs for my back so I could ride today, I didn't mean to be unhelpful.  There is a point in there though.  I learned what I know by reading.  For hours and hours.....  It's sometimes good to just do a little digging for yourself.  It can be very satisfying  :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Latest, after a run out this morning, it's still running fairly well - a little lumpy but no where near as bad as it was - and good power delivery in the midrange although it still pops quite a bit on overrun but generally I'm fairly happy.

Cos

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Latest, after a run out this morning, it's still running fairly well - a little lumpy but no where near as bad as it was - and good power delivery in the midrange although it still pops quite a bit on overrun but generally I'm fairly happy.

So how does this compare to the one you sent me and which is currently in my Tiger?

Bixxer Bob

It's not as brisk in the midrange Cos, but the 2-3000 rpm on light throttle is better than mine.  I've analysed the difference betwen the old 10173 and the new one, and intend to graft that into my map as soon as I get the chance, but we're relocating at the moment so am up to my eyes in buying and selling houses etc etc.

If you're curious, I suggest you download the Triumph tune from the tune ECU file server and blow it into your ECU and see for yourself.

Then again, if my tune is working for you, might be best to leave it eh?  By the way, please see my post on trims.

DeanRider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Regarding the numbers when updating, they stay the same. Triumph overwrite the previous tune hence Chris Canning's comment that at the dealer, you can't go back, only forward.

I humbly disagree here. I am not convinced that the 10173 tune is a new version by Triumph of the 'old' 10173. Ordinarily, when Triumph update a tune map the tune number changes. This has been true for example with tune maps updates issued by Triumph for my 06 1050 Speed III and the 07 Daytona 675. I have not seen one example of the tune map being updated by Triumph and retaining the same number. If someone can prove me otherwise, I will happily concede :-)

Can anyone confirm for certain that it was Triumph who released a new set of Tune maps last November (2010) for the Tiger 95i from VIN 206547 [10175-10173-10176-10177] or are you simply assuming this is the case by the November 14, 2010 date when Alain uploaded the files to what was then his new www.box.net upload site?

DeanRider aka SA_Rider
1967 Triumph Tiger T100
1984 BMW R100CS
2002 Daytona 955i CE
2006 Triumph Tiger 955i
2006 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
2011 Royal Enfield 350 Bullet Classic

Bixxer Bob

Fair point, I should have made clear I was making assumptions.  No hard info, all just trying to piece together what we know.  Chris got wind of the new Triumph tunes at his dealer back in Nov. He's in the trade and a trusted source.  I did a lot of chasing around at the time to see if anyone had it available for download but drew a blank.  Then I got a message to say it was on TunECU so assumed the Nov dated tunes were the new ones. Did a compare of that 10173 tune against a 2 yr old TuneBoy 10173 and it's definitely been modified, hence the assumption they don't update numbers, that assumption re-inforced by the same six tunes being available since I dunno when. Reasonable when you have a dealer saying he has a new tune and the numbers still being the same on the web.  For what you're saying, we still don't have the new Triumph tune, what we have is someone else's tune on Alain's server masquerading as a 10173.  Or of course the reverse could be true, the old Tuneboy tune could be the wrong one.  Or Chris's dealer could have been pulling our collective chains....

Whatever.

The Nov 101073 Alain's hosting is better than the stock one in most people's bike.  Would still like to bottom out the Triumph version tho.... :roll:

Still waiting to see if Alain is addressing the connection faults a lot are having with 1.8.6; he doesn't reply to emails.... :?

walker

the 1.8.8 notes say that there are "some bugs fixed", but isn't specific. maybe that would help with the connection issues?

Bixxer Bob

Certainly hope so.  I didn't get a reply from Alain when I told him about it.  time will tell..... :roll:

metalguru

Have sent a message to authors and got a reply saying there is a bug with the 'greying out' on latest TuneECU and it will be fixed on the next outage.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Chris Canning

Well finally got out on the bike today to scrub new tyres in and see what the tune was that was put in the end of last year.

A little popping,maybe twice in 70 miles,still not made my mind up with the tune itself,a lot more vibes,but with Touratech hand guards that fit on the end of the bars and  more oil in the front forks,I'll reserve judgement a little longer,but certainley crisper.

Chris Canning

Done around 300 miles in the last two days with the new tune,don't like it  :(

Bixxer Bob

Time to dip your toe in the water Chris, eh?  Since you don't have your favoured old tune there's nothing stopping you searching for a good one as long as you save the current one first, and record your settings, so you can always at least get back to where you are now.

I can send you a couple of older tunes to try if you embark on Tune ECU.  Also see the progress Metalguru's making in the ECU settings post with later tunes.