News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

scott or pro oiler

Started by steve@stihlse.com, March 08, 2011, 02:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve@stihlse.com

has anybody used both of these? if so what do you recomend for me on the new Tiger i pick up tomorrow. i put about 20 thousand on a year and had a Lobman on the last bike.  :)
He is free who lives as he chooses!

Spud

Used scottoiler on my last two bikes and the chain I have on the tiger at the moment has nearly 17k on it. I highly recommend the Scott cheers Spud  :wink:

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

daveb

I used a scottoiler on my old TDM850  for about 10 years, when I bought the tiger I got a new scottoiler, I recommend them.

Both bikes were & are fitted with touring versions.

NKL

Only ever used scott oiler and have had one on every bike I have owned, never had any trouble with them and chain life is incredable, 24k miles on me Tiger and still going strong
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

chinchliffe

Ride magazine did a good test on chain oilers, you can read it here:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/Ri ... 20test.pdf

chinchliffe

Just to add, after I read the article, I bought a Tutoro Oiler with a single outlet. I am very impressed. It works best with chain saw oil, but I have run it on engine oil. Slightly small oil resevoir, but I bought their aluminium top up bottle for longer rides.

chinchliffe

Tutoro oiler fitted to my Tiger

93TigerBill

Recently fitted this system (Cameleon, out of Canada) to the '93 Tigger.
So far, so good.
Appears to deposit just the right amount, in the right spot, and can be re-programmed to put more or less according to conditions.
Great if you get caught in a storm, chain is always nice & damp with oil at the end of a ride.
And no fling-off with the supplied oil.
Bill  IBA# 45911
Newcastle, Australia
\'93 Tiger Caspian Blue
130,000 km & counting!

NeilD

where did you mount the scotoiler resevoir etc on the 'Steamer' ?

John Stenhouse

Buy the touring kit, then the whole lot mounts behind the number plate
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

NKL

Thats what my Tiger came with....simples
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

rybes

gotta be the scott oiler really. had one fer years on me tiger and its great. chains last for ever and chain slack only needs checkin bout every 1500 miles :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Spud

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Buy the touring kit, then the whole lot mounts behind the number plate

Yep get the big old bottle behind the number plate. cheers Spud  :wink:

Bixxer Bob

Tiger has touring Scottoiler behind numberplate, holds so much oil I can't remember last time I filled it.  Chain so far 20k miles with no appreciable wear.

Blackbird is on it's second chain with Scottoiler. First did 28k miles, this one has done 32k miles and has only been adjusted twice, lots of wear still left.

In my experience (from the one chain I've had to change) is that eventually it's the "o" rings that go and you get seized links due to all the winter crap.  The metal parts never wear appreciably.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...