News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what oil

Started by kingdomstyle, March 11, 2011, 04:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingdomstyle

i have used rotella t the blue jug in the past but someone told me they have changed it and the wieght wasnt right. is the rotella ok or what oil should i use thats good but dont have to get it at a bike shop for 15 bucks a quart.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?
1999 TIGER black.2008 XR650L,2008 KLX450R

Mustang

OMFG It;s an oil thread ....................
I'll start ...................
seriously just use mobil 1 4t at auto zone you can't go wrong and it's good for like 6000 miles

play nice boys .............

CoolHandLuke

Amsoil 10w 40.

Quote from: "Amsoil"AMSOIL Premium Protection Oil resists oxidation, neutralizes acids, inhibits corrosion, reduces wear and protects against deposits. It is ideal for high mileage vehicles and high-stress vehicles subject to hot temperatures, heavy hauling, trailer pulling or off road use.

I change the oil every 6,000 miles, although the blurb on the container says the oil should last twice the manufacturers recommended change interval.  The way I see it. even if the oil hasn't started to break down there are a whole load of nasty additives in that oil after 6,000 miles.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Mustang"OMFG It;s an oil thread ....................play nice boys .............

OK,  I'll be good. " Hailing Kingdomstyle..."

1.  If you asked because you already used the "Search" button and got back around one third of all the posts stored on the database and had sensory overload, the answer's what Mustang said.

2.  If you didn't search, try it... it works.  and with practice you'll get the hang of filtering the returns.  And you'll get the full width of opinion without it all being dug up again.  Enough reading to keep you going for months  :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...