News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Risers

Started by Midwestguy56, March 13, 2011, 01:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midwestguy56

My 1996 Tiger I would like to install some handlebar risers of about 1" or a bit more. If they pulled back some that would be fine to.  Does anyone know of any sources to purchase them? Thanks.

Jaythro

E bay Link Plenty of them and cheaper than BMW stuff by a mile!

LINK

CoolHandLuke

FYI.

The Tiger 1050 risers fit onto the 885.  A bit more outlay is required, as you will need to fit the oversize handlebars.  This is what I am doing with mine.

Mustang

there are  these ,

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/ ... cat_id=268

which you can adjust to prevent the bars from hitting the fairing on full lock .
Usually when you raise the bars on a steamer you will find that if they are not set back more than the stock ones they WILL hit the fairing .

You're also going to find out that the front brake line from M/C to junction doesn't allow much wiggle room and depending on what you do you will need a custom made brake line . Throttle cable and cluth hose are usually no need to replace (more wiggle room) .

Basri...

My advice is; DO NOT remove the original hadle bar holders and install taller ones instead..

That's what i did and had handling problems with the bike.., as i removed them and reinstall the original ones, all handling problems gone.

The product Mustang adviced looks pretty well, you still have the original holders and you mount the risers on top of them..
Basri,

since 1965...

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "Basri..."My advice is; DO NOT remove the original hadle bar holders and install taller ones instead..

That's what i did and had handling problems with the bike.., as i removed them and reinstall the original ones, all handling problems gone.
It may have been your configuration.  What doesn't work for you, may well work for someone else.

Basri...

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"
Quote from: "Basri..."My advice is; DO NOT remove the original hadle bar holders and install taller ones instead..

It may have been your configuration.  What doesn't work for you, may well work for someone else.

Of course it is my configuration and may work well for someone else, i should not say "DO NOT"..

That was what i experienced with risers on my bike..
Basri,

since 1965...

fishnbiker

Quote from: Mustangthere are  these ,

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/ ... cat_id=268

I put these on my Felix about 5 years ago, best investment for the price. Very sexy royal blue too. I carry the Allen key adjuster in my jacket to switch from tilted back for road to more upright while gravel riding any distance on the footpegs.

You will have to be diligent routing the cables & hoses to get the best travel when turning. It is not difficult to get them crooked if not tightened completely, but once set up, the are terrific
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE