News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2001 Tiger with original tires....OMG!

Started by Putts255, March 14, 2011, 01:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Fuzz

I took the front wheel off my Tiger today.  I figured I'd better at least put a new tube in until I get around to buying a new set of tires.  I pulled out the old tube and it was stamped "1595", which I would take as 15th week/ 1995.  Good thing I hadn't ridden too far on it.  The rear tire has been replaced since the bike was new (2001 date), I am just wondering what the chances are that a new tube was installed with the tire.  It is still at least a 10 year old tube, so it will need replacing as well.  That will be tomorrow's job.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Putts255

I bought the tires but have not bought the tubes yet.  Don't know why I didn't buy them at the same time but hey, still too much snow on the ground to do anything anyway.

Next time I stop at the dealerships I will pick them up.  Hoping they have some Micheline's in stock...
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black