News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new carbs

Started by rybes, March 19, 2011, 11:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

im after a new set of carbs for me tiger soon. mine are a bit worse for wear n really could do with replacin soon. as steamer carbs seem a bit scarce, will any other carbs from a pre 98 triple fit ? im thinkin speed triple, daytona etc.....

cheers  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

Quote from: "rybes"im after a new set of carbs for me tiger soon. mine are a bit worse for wear n really could do with replacin soon. as steamer carbs seem a bit scarce, will any other carbs from a pre 98 triple fit ? im thinkin speed triple, daytona etc.....

cheers  8)
sprint or trident or sprint executive .....well you get the idea, just swap your jets from the tiger carbs into them or verify that the carbs you get have the same jets in them that your tigger does

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "rybes"im after a new set of carbs for me tiger soon. mine are a bit worse for wear n really could do with replacin soon. as steamer carbs seem a bit scarce, will any other carbs from a pre 98 triple fit ? im thinkin speed triple, daytona etc.....

cheers  8)
sprint or trident or sprint executive .....well you get the idea, just swap your jets from the tiger carbs into them or verify that the carbs you get have the same jets in them that your tigger does
Don't bother changing the jets.  Just open up the other side of the airbox.  Works a treat.

Since I swapped to Sprint Executive carbs with BOS exhausts, the bike not only feels a little more powerful but I am also getting 52-55 MPG.

rybes

cheers mustang and luke  8)  sprint carbs it is. and another funnel and sponge mesh bit  :D  could do with extra mpgs

MIMbox

Dont forget, if you go from Mikuni to Keihin, you need different adapters between carb and airbox as the shape is different, and they wont seal.

rybes

ill be stickin to mikunis i thinkMIM as ive found a set.

what did you do with the other side airbox luke ? did you use another funnel and silencer bit or just take the cap off ? cheers mate

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "rybes"ill be stickin to mikunis i thinkMIM as ive found a set.

what did you do with the other side airbox luke ? did you use another funnel and silencer bit or just take the cap off ? cheers mate
I took the cap off, and fitted another snorkel and filter onto that side.

rybes

nice one cheers luke. dont spose ya got a spare have ya ?

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "rybes"nice one cheers luke. dont spose ya got a spare have ya ?
I'll have a look, but I don't think I have.

They are not that expensive, though, if I recall (on the scale of 1 to 10 of buying OEM Triumph parts).

rybes

well, ive bought meself a set of carbs like yours luke. ill be fittin em on sometime this week ill let ya know how i get on  :D

its been a long wait but today im off to go get my tiger. cant wait, finally ill have a bike over here  8)

CoolHandLuke

Sweet.

My girl is currently in bits.  I had to replace the cockpit subframe and do some other stuff, like change the oil, etc.

rybes

bet ya cant wait to get it all back together again and take it out. when i change the carbs over and remove the cap from the other side, can i get away without runnin the snorkel and sponge bit for a while ? this lil trip to get me bikes gunna strip me pockets bare so if i dont need it for a bit thatll be spot on  :D

CoolHandLuke

Aye, short run should be fine.  They are very cheap tho, so get one as soon as you can :)

rybes

hello luke. i got a question for ya. did you do any work to the carbs before you fitted them on ? im wonderin about needle height and mixture screw settings or will standard tiger settings do the job?
cheers mate

CoolHandLuke

No, none at all.  They looked in really good condition when I got them.  The previous owner had used them once and then layed them up for a while before selling them onto me.

Let me know how you get on.