News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Caliper mount...

Started by NeilD, March 24, 2011, 10:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

fitted the new (to me) rear wheel t'other day and its the first time I've had the rear wheel out.. was wondering what the 'tang' (for want of a better word) on the bottom of the caliper mount does .. it looks like it should locate somewhere on the swingarm but cant see where?  :icon_scratch

rybes

if im right in rememberin, it just stops the mount from spinnin when you use the brake ;) sorta locks against the swingarm
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

Quote from: "NeilD"fitted the new (to me) rear wheel t'other day and its the first time I've had the rear wheel out.. was wondering what the 'tang' (for want of a better word) on the bottom of the caliper mount does .. it looks like it should locate somewhere on the swingarm but cant see where?  :icon_scratch
like rybes said it is just a stop and if you want to rotate the eccentric adjusters 180 degrees to lower it you need to remove that 'tang'

CoolHandLuke

It's handy for stopping the brake caliper spinning all the way round (and ruining your brake cable), as I found out when the bolt vibrated loose from the torsion arm.

Very weird sensation.  I came to a stop on a slight hill, using the back brake for the slow speed stop.  Once stopped, I then rolled backwards a short way whilst my foot was still on the brake.

NeilD

Quote from: "Mustang"[like rybes said it is just a stop ..

thanks chaps, I thourght as much, but was just having one of those "I wish I'd taken more notice when taking it apart" moments!  :D