News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

low compression

Started by frankyboy, March 26, 2011, 08:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankyboy

my 95 tiger has 37000 miles on clock,not running on cylinder 1 properly ,misfires  badly.have cleaned carbs,checked and swopped coils,replaced pick up coil,connected carb-tune unit this cylinder wont tune as per 2 and 3,now has measured compression ,cylinder 1 -100psi,cylinder 2 -125psi, cylinder 3 140psi...do valves need re-shiming,is this a pain to do..any advice...... :
love life love lyme ,

JetdocX

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/msg,34259

You have no way of knowing until you check the clearances.
From parts unknown.

akendall1966

recently done it, fairly straight forward to do. Biggest pain is unless you have a big box of shims or a well stocked dealer nearby it takes a few days to do it by the time you audit what you have got, get the parts, fit, check  and reassemble.

I had one size on back order so it took a week start to finish, but most of that was waiting time.

Mine was a routine check, I didn't check compression or have any reason to suspect a problem. I didn't have any zero clearances either.
----AK-----