News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Extended Trip on a Girly

Started by Lostviking, March 29, 2011, 01:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lostviking

Howdy folks!

I just scored Mr McGuiver's sexy blue Girly form the For Sale section. Now I need some help outfitting it for an extended 40-90 day cross country solo trip.

I'll probably do the southern route and then up the coast to northern Cali and on to Washington State. The lion's share of trip will be spent in Wa, Id, Mt, Or. as I'll be looking for a job in this area as well.

I'll do some searching in the strengths and weaknesses threads. But I'm also looking for some advice on outfitting my new found Girly for the trip.

Pretty Ain't she?

I'm very excited about this bike and the trip. Please share your thoughts and suggestions. I've looked a long time for a Girly in good shape.

Thanks in advance.
Find A Way

KuzzinKenny

Hey Lostviking !! lookin good  :thumbsup

go for a good run and see how ya get on with the seat, no point in findin out on yer trip that the seat sux !!  :shock: some like the stock seat and most hate it  :?

so gas it and go !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

jwray76

as long as the seat works for you and the maintenance is up to par I think the focus will be more on what to pack!!!

D-Fuzz

I agree with jwray76, make sure the maintenance is up to date and load 'er up.  That bike looks like it is pretty well equipped already.  Nice bike!!
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

kingdomstyle

love that bike,best color of the tigers.. :D
1999 TIGER black.2008 XR650L,2008 KLX450R

Mustang

Quote from: "Lostviking"But I'm also looking for some advice on outfitting my new found Girly for the trip.

Thanks in advance.

since you asked .................... :spam4
footpegs that will make your knees happy for extended rides .

http://www.knlcycle.com

jphish

Lostviking - Your Caspian tiger is LOVELY - & looks pretty well equiped as is. Not sure you need to add anything except... +1 on footpeg change! As an inseam challenged tiger owner, I have to use the left footpeg for mounting assistance. Those rubber clad ones are NOT adequate in wet / muddy conditions even for sitting position foot grip, and definately not standing on! Don't wait for a lesson in "applied co-efficient of friction" to find that out. Have a great trip - when are you departing ?

Lostviking

Thanks everyone,

In doing some online research on footpegs I see Pivot Pegs makes a direct fit for the Tigers now. At least Girlies and Roadies.
Find A Way

Mustang

Quote from: "Lostviking"Thanks everyone,

In doing some online research on footpegs I see Pivot Pegs makes a direct fit for the Tigers now. At least Girlies and Roadies.
they are overrated and over priced , I have a set on my 450 honda ,they require new parts once a year to keep them tight . a footpeg that needs yearly maint. what will they think of next :ImaPoser

Lostviking

I did think they were a bit pricey!
Find A Way

jphish

Ah-hem...Lostviking - I have precision engineering footpegs on my Uly & MUSTANG footpegs on my Tiger. Very similar in design & Both great products. You might want to look there for replacements of the stock "foot slipper" pegs. I had FastWays on a GS & liked them too. Why anyone ever put non-removable rubber surfaces on pegs, for an adventure bike - I don't know! Damn things will kill ya. Anyway - Mustang might be able to whip ya up a set pretty quick. When you get to the great wet NW, you'll be glad you have them, Particularly in road construction season. good luck, j

jphish

PS - Stock seat is actually pretty good. I've done 800 mi day with no excessive wear on butt. It's been suggested that this is, in part, a function of weight. I only weigh 165, but if approaching 200+, the stock seat, like stock suspension, can be less than optimum. I'd suggest you do a 400-500 mile day - that will tell the 'tail'. No point in spending hundreds of $ on a seat you dont need. On the other hand...if your ass is dead - maybe consider aftermarket.

Lostviking

Well, tell me about these Mustang peg. Don't be so subtle man.
Find A Way

jwray76

Quote from: "Lostviking"Well, tell me about these Mustang peg. Don't be so subtle man.

Constructed by fellow tiger rider
Increased legroom
Nice grippy surface
Good fit & finish
Quick shipping
Priced well

What else is there to know?

walker

+1 on the mustang pegs.

I have had them on 3 different tigers. Good quality, great price.

Seat is a personal preference- try the stock one on a few longer rides, if it bothers you - there are a few options.... spencer's seat, bill mayer, rick mayer, russell day long, find a local marine shop that does upholstery for boats, etc.