News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I couldn't stand it anymore!

Started by D-Fuzz, April 05, 2011, 08:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Fuzz

When I got my Kenda Big Blocks last week, I only put the front tire on, choosing instead to put a Dunlop D606 on the rear.  Well, the D606 was a bit too load on the pavement for my liking, so I spooned on the rear Kenda this morning.  Man, was the sidewall on that thing ever stiff.  I dread getting a flat anytime at the roadside because it is going to be a bugger to get off.  I am going to for a ride tomorrow with some friends, so we will see how they feel on a longer trip, about 300-400km for a day.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Putts255

I know what you mean about the tires.  I got the front one done yesterday a little tough, but the rear, WOW!

I got the bead to break and can usually pull the wheel through the tire once the wheel is inside the tire.  But no joy.  

Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Enjoy your ride in the morning!!
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

D-Fuzz

I went for a ride today with my cruiser buddies.  Put on about 300km or so, checking out some of the flooding that has been going on around our area.  The bike ran great, better and better each time out.  The Kendas provided a little vibration in the pegs that I could have lived without, but they were fine otherwise.

I guess this is called "lake-front property."

The waterline is supposed to be about 200 yards out.

Washing off a little dirt.

Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Bob Tosi

QuoteThe Kendas provided a little vibration in the pegs that I could have lived without, but they were fine otherwise.

What did you do for balencing?  I used dyna beads, 1 oz in the front, maybe a hair more, and 2 ozs in the rear. Got a smooth as glass ride on the pavement.
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

D-Fuzz

I tried balancing them with jackstands and lead weights.  I doubt it did much good though.  I ordered up some Dyndabeads though and will put them in instead..
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black