News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear shock rebuild or second hand

Started by een705, April 06, 2011, 12:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

een705

Hi need some advice can the standard shock for a steamer 1992 be rebuilt if so how much and where can I send it. Lastly as any member got a spare one for sale?
Thx for looking

rf9rider

Had mine rebuilt for £85 plus P&P, Firefox racing did it, they have a listing on Ebay.
Better than it was, but i`m going for aftermarket on my new project Steamer.

jwray76

check out sasquatch.

Mustang

he's on the wrong side of the pond for sasquatch

D-Fuzz

Is there anyone that still makes an aftermarket shock for the Steamers?
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

rf9rider

Quote from: "D-Fuzz"Is there anyone that still makes an aftermarket shock for the Steamers?

Hagon here in the UK.

rybes

rebuild it yaself. was easy  :D
http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=120 scroll down a bit bout half way
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

nightrunner

Quote from: "D-Fuzz"Is there anyone that still makes an aftermarket shock for the Steamers?

and Wilbers will build a shock for any bike.car.  They have optional damping, as well as remote preload, adjustments.   My Tiger is still stock but I have a Wilbers on my Transalp and love it.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

rybes

i didnt need to see that. cheers luke i dont think :lol: off to check me penny jar now   :D

dave NL

The rear shock on mine is also shot,

Here`s what i found

http://www.motorvoordelig.nl/product_info.php/keywords/Triumph/cPath/21_113_118/categories_id/118/products_id/16386/btsr/true/page/2

But im going for a Ohlins rear shock, they can build a entry level shock for 500 Euro,its a emulsion damper with rebound adjuster.
Getting the tiger back on the road.

cascadetiger

I had my rear shock on my Buell rebuilt by Race Tech in Corona CA.  They did a great job.

een705

Thanks for all who posted and there is only one option and thats to try to rebuild myself lol will let you know how I get on.

rybes

Quote from: "een705"Thanks for all who posted and there is only one option and thats to try to rebuild myself lol will let you know how I get on.

its an easy fix if ya jus take it slow and if you need to take piccies. there is a company that has all the seals. cant remember if it off hand and the recipt is in england so i cant tell ya, sorry mate.
if i remember right its a kayaba shock but the showa shock rebuild thread works for it too.

think it was this place. http://www.moto-pro.com/Browse_Category ... BUILDPARTS just measure ya shock shaft and order away. if i remeber right its 14mm

D-Fuzz

I know Sasquatch does rebuilds, but it would be nice to not take my bike out of commission during the riding season.  Maybe I will have to wait until the fall and take it apart.  That Wilbers shock is pretty nice though.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black