News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SOS...Clutch Noise on a long trip???

Started by cdubya, March 14, 2011, 05:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Sounds like an awesome adventure. Glad things are running as they should. Keep the painted side up.
2001 Triumph Tiger. Black

metalguru

Glad to hear you havin a good time there.
Putting my bit in,clutch rattle, it could be throttle bodies will need a balance by the sound of the symptoms, nothing to worry about at all and quite common.
Jap bikes suffer from this alot when carbs/throttle bodies go out of sync.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

jphish

What everyone else said...My 06' Tiger makes a moderate racket when idling with clutch handle out - pull it in to disengage - noise goes away. I also asked the same question last year - glad answers are still consistant from the more experienced tiger owners. I invested in some decent ear plugs - hardly hear it anymore.

matts23

I have it on my 2002 Tiger and my 2002 Mercury Cougar is the third manual transmission car that has also done it.  I don't even worry about clutch noises anymore unless I have a slip problem.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal