News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

#5 Fuse Blows, no apparent reason???

Started by Putts255, April 10, 2011, 06:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Putts255

So I have been working on my Tiger the last couple days.  

Today I mounted the center stand, replaced the headlight bulbs, and LED's in the dash and clean and re-waxed the chain.  

Managed to ground out one of the dash lights and had to replace the 5 amp fuse #8.

Put the front cowl and screen all back on. Started the bike was going to roll the bike down the driveway and then ride back up into the garage again.  But the bike just died.  All dash lights worked but the ODO was gone and the engine would not start.  

Took a look at the fuse box and the number 5 fuse was blown.  Replaced and it started again.

What would cause the fuse to blow?  Here is a picture of the fuse box.  What does the circle with an arrow mean.  

Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

AK Tiger

Factory manual says fuse #5 is for ignition control.
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

Timbox2

Looking at the wiring diagram it feeds the run switch on the R/H handlebar, which in turn feeds the ignition switch.

You have been playing around with a fair bit of electrics in the cowling area also the ignition switch / wiring is a known weak spot.
2016 Tiger Sport

Putts255

Thanks, I think I will try and pull the front cowl off and take a closer look at all the wiring etc... See if there is anything I can find that leads to the ignition switch or cut off switch.  Maybe there is some fraying....
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black